MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mum has been looking for a new car and i suggested a Rover 25 or ZR.

Anyway she wants an 06 reg or newer car which kinda limits everything.

Anyway it seems easier to locate an 06 plate ZR with air conditioning than a Rover 25.

All the 25's seem to be GLI's which have full leather but no air con.

I find it strange that more of the ZR's have air con than the 25s?

·
Registered
84 Posts
My mum has been looking for a new car and i suggested a Rover 25 or ZR.

Anyway she wants an 06 reg or newer car which kinda limits everything.

Anyway it seems easier to locate an 06 plate ZR with air conditioning than a Rover 25.

All the 25's seem to be GLI's which have full leather but no air con.

I find it strange that more of the ZR's have air con than the 25s?

its pretty much luch of the draw what features you get. My 25 has air con but no electric windows... Which I found pretty strange seeing its only 6 years old....

I swear they just bodged each car together with whatever parts were nearest to them at the time...

·
Registered
12,373 Posts
For a 25 you want to look for the editions models if you want some extra kit.

Thing is I'm not too sure about newer models?

Mine is a 25 impression s2 on an 02 plate. This comes with : electric windows, cd, air-con, PAS, tints, colour coded lower bumper trim, alloys.

But no front fogs or electric mirrors :-(

A ZR would probably be your best bet.

Si:)

I DRIVE A...

·
Registered
13 Posts
its pretty much luch of the draw what features you get. My 25 has air con but no electric windows... Which I found pretty strange seeing its only 6 years old....

I swear they just bodged each car together with whatever parts were nearest to them at the time...
i noticed this too, my zr is 04 reg and had aircon/wind up windows!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the GLI rover 25 has full leather electric windows etc but no air con

i think my mum would prefer the 25 but she really wants air con

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Basically, Rover 25 GSi and GXi models had Air Conditioning as standard, as did the previous 25 SEi and SXi, which you may still find at 06 plate.

And with the ZR, all ZR+ models had Air Conditioning, as did the later ZR Trophy SE.

Hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
Its ridiculous that some 25's have wind up front windows. Should be electric as standard right from the start.

I have found that with the 25 the basic spec cars can be awfully basic with wind up front windows etc. yet the high spec ones are very high spec and actually quite impressive. How many fiestas or corsas etc. do you see with leather like high spec 25?

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Its ridiculous that some 25's have wind up front windows. Should be electric as standard right from the start.

I have found that with the 25 the basic spec cars can be awfully basic with wind up front windows etc. yet the high spec ones are very high spec and actually quite impressive. How many fiestas or corsas etc. do you see with leather like high spec 25?
Fiesta Ghia's have full leather seats ;)

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
Fiesta Ghia's have full leather seats ;)
Oh right - proved me wrong then. Never new that. Allthough there must be more 25's with leather as I have never ever seen a fiesta with leather.

Could you get leather seats on the fiesta back in 2000?

·
Registered
mg_zr
1,244 Posts
I may have posted on this before but I have a 56 plate ZR (hybrid) it was one of the last ever produced still unregistered last November. It is supposed to be a 105. It has all the toys except electric mirrors. Aircon fogs elec windown abs ebd etc etc. I think that towards the end MGR just threw anything that was left onto them. Mine definately should not have aircon because it is not the + version but in fact it is ???????

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
its not unusual for any manufactuers to do this. Towards the end of the R3 run, there were many strange specced cars about.

However, most car companies do 'end of items' in a different way, slap loads of left over parts on a car, and introduce this as a different spec i.e. Flare, plus+ that sort of thing.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
You have finally just noticed that then? They have been doing it since the indicator stalks were introduced. :rolleyes:
Everyone has a dig about the indicator stalks, but I couldn't believe it when I saw my old's brand new Toyota fitted with the exact same items.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Its the same with electric mirror switches on Renault's - they have been using the same design unit for over 15 years - no-one mentions about those though :lol:

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Monogram, monogram, monogram. Anyone remember the bespoke build where you could start with a core spec and add which options you liked (within reason, I guess).

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
I may have posted on this before but I have a 56 plate ZR (hybrid) it was one of the last ever produced still unregistered last November. It is supposed to be a 105. It has all the toys except electric mirrors. Aircon fogs elec windown abs ebd etc etc. I think that towards the end MGR just threw anything that was left onto them. Mine definately should not have aircon because it is not the + version but in fact it is ???????
That sounds like the ZR 105 Campaign Edition which was launched a few days before MG Rover went bump.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Basically, Rover 25 GSi and GXi models had Air Conditioning as standard, as did the previous 25 SEi and SXi, which you may still find at 06 plate.

And with the ZR, all ZR+ models had Air Conditioning, as did the later ZR Trophy SE.

Hope this helps ;)
My 53 plate ZR TD+ didn't come with aircon :(, just electric windows, sunroof and mirrors. also no ABS :(

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
My 53 plate ZR TD+ didn't come with aircon :(, just electric windows, sunroof and mirrors. also no ABS :(
The guy is talking about 06 plate 25's and ZR's.

ABS Brakes became standard on the 25 and ZR from 1st December 2003. Air Conditioning was always optional on all Mark 1 ZR models, apart from the ZR 160 where it was standard. Air Con became standard on ZR+ models once it was facelifted in 2004.

·
Registered
84 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts