MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is my first post to these forums, have been lurking around reading lots though!

I own an MG ZR+ 105 in silver, but at the weekend i had a bit of a smash and took out my left headlight, fog light and indicator as well as smashing the panel over the wheel arch and cracking the front bumper all the way down the lights are. :sad3:

Im very annoyed as this is my first crash but anyway, figured would make the best of a bad situation and get a full body kit, but having never done any modding at all i dont know where to start!

I like the ones here: http://www.m-99.co.uk/Car_Bodykits/Rover_MG_ZR/rover_mg_zr.html
(Green car, half way down)

The the plan is to get it resprayed black and a light black tint on all the windows.

So how hard is it to fit body kits? should i take it to a garage and get them to fit it? Any idea on cost? Does anyone know how much a respray costs?

Also i read on these forums you need to declare any modifications you made to your car, anyone know how much that will make it go up?

thanks in advance for helping me out!

·
Registered
383 Posts
that bodykit you've linked mate is not a full bumper kit!! therefore you'd still have the crack in the bumper!!

If you've never fitted a bodykit before i'd recommend that you have a bodyshop to fit the kit you buy!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You sure? the green MG half way down the page, isnt that a full kit? it looks like one?

i plan to get it done in black not green!

i have been obesivly reading this forum and i think i have a rough idea of price:

Body kit: £600
Fitting: £200
Respray: £700
Insurance: £100

insurnace is a rough guess, i need to ring them when i get a moment and see what they say! This comes to about £1600. Sound about right?

what do people think? is it too chavy? :O

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
twin-cam25 said:
that bodykit you've linked mate is not a full bumper kit!! therefore you'd still have the crack in the bumper!!
Erm no...it's a complete replacement Komodo style.

Not keen TBH, too over the top. Much nicer front ends can be had.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Crevice said:
tis similar to (if not the same as) Glenn's kit on his gold R25 Gti
Yes, but glenns had been done to a VERY high standard. Absolutely no expense has been spared on that car.
The Komodo kits can be a terrible fit if not done right.

·
Registered
919 Posts
ashy said:
Yes, but glenns had been done to a VERY high standard. Absolutely no expense has been spared on that car.
The Komodo kits can be a terrible fit if not done right.
yes, as i have the front bumper. its ok if you dont mind a bit of panel gappage around the bottom of the headlights (on a 200)....! it was fitted by an insurance approved bodyshop, so it cant get any better :(

·
Registered
919 Posts
dont get me wrong, i love the look of my car, i just wont be bodykitting another one! too much expense and hassle, esp with speed bumps :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was planning to get it fitted properly! would not be happy if it was a botch job!

think my pricing sounds about right?

Got any pics Crevice?

·
Registered
139 Posts
more than certain that you could get the full kit cheaper than £600! have a good look around - £400 is what i'd expect to see as they always seem to be scattered around on ebay!

good luck with all!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yet again another old Thread I know! :)
Good old ebay a...
I actually like the aggressive look of this body kit and think it would look great on a black or darker coloured car, I think it looks hot on Crevice's Black 200

yes, as i have the front bumper. its ok if you dont mind a bit of panel gappage around the bottom of the headlights (on a 200)....! it was fitted by an insurance approved bodyshop, so it cant get any better
and I cant seem to notice the gappage under the headlights from the photo's? how much of a gap is it?

> Im guessing the Komodo bumpers fitted on 200's are the same as the ones on the 25's just that the green car in the photo has the bumper smoothed in??? what i would like to kno is how the bumper is made different to fit around the different styled headlights of rover 200's and of the rover 25's?

1 LAST QUESTION; Does anybody know of a bumper like the Komodo which allows for frount fog lights to be fitted or do you think fog lights would have to be sacrificed for a new body kit on a rover200? :daft:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts