6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

ive been lookign at zrs for a long time now
i prefer the 5 door to the 3 door

ive only been on the road since last october and my first car was a fiat bravo
to be honest it was a good car
so im sticking to hatches fo that reason

now i was looking at a focus or a golf but its all the same if you knwo what i mean, it gets boring

now the zr is different

but here are my concerns AND I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME WITH THEM

firstly the insurance group for my last car was 5 so i woudl like a zr with as low insurance as possible? what group is the lowest one>

also say you do find the one wiht the lowest group..can i ask what comes as standard with the particular zr?

everyone has told me the parts will be hard to source> is this true..
any local address to ealing or middlesex>?
is it really hard to find parts? even universal ones?

im 6foot 3..will i find the space at the front and the back sufficient enough>>

does the 5 door model only come in one speific range>>

please help us
im only trying to obtain info...

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
firstly the insurance group for my last car was 5 so i woudl like a zr with as low insurance as possible? what group is the lowest one>

entry level ZR's possess a group 7 or 8 rating - with a 1.4 litre engine. On pre-facelift editions (2001-04) the equipment is sparse- you do get spoiler, alarm, alloys, etc but there is a radio/cassette, wind up windows etc - if you get the better + trim you get the electrics. Facelift versions (04-05) have better spec with standard CD player, electrics. ' late +' versions have aircon. Insurance groups on the facelift editions are pretty much unchanged.

the entry level ZR (and in fact the most common) is named the ZR105. 5 doors are rarer than 3 doors.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Im 6"6 and i could get in my 400 alright (not amazing though) but i think really the ZR has more space, its slightly more modern in that sense i seem to remember (am i sorely mistaken? when im in my mates 200's and ZR's they feel like i have more head room...)
Might i just say that not all hatchbacks are created equal, the ZR is a great car, but not all hatchbacks are!

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
here's what parkers says about the specs for pre-facelift ZR's:

Oh and welcome to the forums by the way!

ZR front drive 3 and 5 door hatchbacks: ZR 105 (1.4i 103bhp); ZR 120 (1.8i 117bhp); ZR 160 (1.8 VVC 158bhp); ZR TD (2.0D 101bhp). 5 speed gearbox, PAS, split/fold rear seat, body coloured spoilers, 16in alloys, lowered suspension. ZR+ adds remote central locking, elec front windows and mirrors, electric sunroof, front fog lights. ZR 160 has air-con in lieu of a sunroof, plus a volumetric alarm.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE PARKERS MG ZR REVIEW AND TECHNICAL DATA SECTIONhttp://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/carreviews/review.aspx?model_id=1111&page=1

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Ive become less sure of parkers the more i learn about cars, they seem to be all over the place.....

"Long-running car with most of the problems sorted, but occasional head gasket problems spoil the show."
So it gets 2/5 starts.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
My ZR is a 5 door.I think they look just as good as the 3 door version & if you use the back seats a lot ( i do with a young son) there is no need to get out when you passengers want to.Also not as common as 3 door versions.

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
If head room is tight, don't go for a model with a sunroof, as they take a fair chunk of headroom.

If you get A/C, you don't normally get a sunroof anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi so what model is likley to be a 5 door version
and what price ranges am i looking at?>

to be honest im greedy and want as much as i can within the budget lol
why not

cheers for the replies lads..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts