MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Im after your expert advice. I have a MG ZR 160 and the back box and mid section have rusted away. I popped into ATS on the way home and after much umming and arring they quoted me £90 for the back box and £130 for mid section. I later spoke to a friend of mine who is a mechanic who told me they should be much more expensive than this? as the back box includes a valve which controls the emissions? He said my best bet was to look for a performance exhaust of the internet that fits a ZR 160 as this would be better value?

Well im confused, so any expert advice or first hand experience who can point me in the right direction would be greatly recieved!!

Thanks Del

·
Registered
mg_zs
462 Posts
alrite mate, power train products do a s/steel system for your car which is the xpower janspeed system or you could get something different like a custom made powerflow exhaust which are about £300-350. These exhausts are excellent ive had them on 3 previous cars and they are guaranteed for life. You can have them loud or quiet and whatever tailpipe design you like.

·
Registered
mg_zr
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, I dont suppose you have any links to sites where I can find out more about these parts do you? Cheers

·
Registered
mg_zr
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Guys, thanks for your help, anybody know the cheepest place to grab hold of one?

·
Registered
163 Posts
i had to get both back box and middle section last september due to rust at the join both sections in total cost me 150 quid from budget with a 3 year guarantee. might be worth trying them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts