MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to this site. I've just bought a MG ZR 1.4. two days ago. I took it for a test drive and had my own garage check it out before i bought it. The garage i bought it from has just had MOT done and as far as im aware everything is fine. It looks amazing and did drive like a dream until last night, when it started to do the occassional judder (best way i can describe it). At first it frightened the life out of me. Some judders are worse than others. At first it just seemed to happen in 4th gear (last night) but now its doing it what ever gear im in. It happens whether the car is hot or cold. It happens when im driving it normally (im not really a racer) its like its misfiring or something!? I am taking it back to the garage tomorrow but would really appreciate some advise...as i dont want to get fobbed off by the garage. I spoke to them today and they said it may have got some water in somewhere or a lose plug (that really didn't sound right to me...but hey i aint a mechanic)

Please please help...as i would be gutted if i hand to get rid of it:errx2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.... ive just been out in it again..and its getting worse..its now bunny hopping...if not careful could end up in back of someone else!!:scary:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i think so...and then it picks up again....i ve kept my eye on rev counter etc but nothing happens to that.... well nothing that is obvious!! I just feel really gutted at the mo..sick feeling...i dont want to have to give her back.....she's absolutely gorgeous to look at and also to drive until this problem occurred!! :err: :err:

I really appreciate any advise.

Thankyou

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
It does seem like a HT problem and a loose plug lead could cause this. The coil packs on top of the plugs are also known to fail and could cause this problem.
I wouldn't get yourself in a worry about it as it's probably not something serious. It's common and is usually HT related, so take it easy.
Best let the garage have a look and see what they find.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wicked...Thank you...feel abit more confident about going to garage tomoz...at least i might now sound like i know what im talking about!?:s2h:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've just taken the car to the garage... it bunny hopped all the way there between cutting out and stalling!! She's definately not well..:(

The guy at garage seemed to think that it may have got water in the engine or somat when they cleaned it...but surely it would have affected it straight away?? Or he did say it could be HP leads!?

Anyway ive left it with them ...so fingers crossed she will get sorted!? (Ive just realised that ive been calling my car "she/her" :lol: I think its coz she's so stunning to look at....everyone thinks she looks amazing!!)

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Ive just realised that ive been calling my car "she/her" :lol: I think its coz she's so stunning to look at....everyone thinks she looks amazing
Don't worry, it's natural. Mine's a she too. It gets a bit worrying when you start giving them names though.

I hope they get it sorted for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ha!ha! i haven't and won't be giving her a name..but she is definitely a lady!!:lol:. I've just picked her up from garage and apparently it was a fault throttle sensor....so its been replaced (well thats what they tell me)!! I must admit she is back to her normal self...thank god...but i still feel wary coz im expecting her to judder or bunny hop!! Im sure she won't...but the garage did say if i have any problems what so ever, do not hesitate to take it back... its actually nice to have a garage that is helpful instead of fobbing me off...which i've had in the past!!

Say thanks to everyone that has given me really helpful advise... no doubt ill be back again in future...its a wicked forum!!:happy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts