MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone im after a more psorty exhaust but not looking for mega noise, the xpower system ive herd isnt very loud so i was just wondering if anyone has a price for the exhaust and a picture would be nice as its coming from xpower i would have the benefit of not lossing my warranty which is important to me, anyone got one? a little info would be nice please.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
cahzz said:
hey everyone im after a more psorty exhaust but not looking for mega noise, the xpower system ive herd isnt very loud so i was just wondering if anyone has a price for the exhaust and a picture would be nice as its coming from xpower i would have the benefit of not lossing my warranty which is important to me, anyone got one? a little info would be nice please.

....I dont think fitting a different exhaust is a warranty issue, as they aren't covered under it anyway ?

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
I think someone had one and recorded the sound, and put up lots of pictures,can't for the life of me remember who it was though. Have a search, I know they've come up in conversation a fair bit, as have the others.

Jonathan

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
I had an X-Power exhaust fitted on Saturday by Brown & Gammons during a routine service. Exhaust was £319 + VAT and they also fitted S/Steel nuts to ease removal in the future. I'll try to get a couple of pics tomorrow but unlikely to collect sound bite.

I did about 250 miles on Sunday with hood down and was quite satisfied with the sound - deeper, louder but MUCH QUIETER than Andy Bates exhaust 2 cars in front of me.

Guy at work today (not an MG fan) said that he heard me go to lunch - he knew I was changing the exhaust. Windows were closed. Said he hadn't heard me go out of the carpark before.

If I drove to & fro past my house I don't think I would abject too much. Just been to ask a neighbour & he said he thought I was on the bike.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Just had fitted `Bespoke` sports exhaust to my F, full SS with quad ends!.

Sounds awesome, and above 4k revs just `Sings`, very addictive, dont know how/if it will effect warrenty but will give you details if interested!.

By the way does anyone North-West have the facilities to record and publish to the web?, could let people hear what my exhaust sounds like.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Various pictures of exhausts here.

Fitting a non-MG (or non-Xpower) exhaust could invalidate your warranty if the dealer can claim that the exhaust has caused damage elsewhere in the car, eg 'the increased BHP has put undue stress on the engine'. It's very unlikely that the exhaust would actually do this, but if you give the dealer a get-out clause, he'll definitely try and use it!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts