MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, have been a member for a few years. Had the 2002 TF160 XP Grey for 19 years. Binnacle has just detached at the front end!! I have read about various methods members have used to re-attach. I intend using a black silicon sealant which someone said worked well. Any up to date thoughts?

Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
When bought mine had been stuck with silicon but this had failed, I took it off and stuck two metals brackets (bent to match the curvature) to it with 2 pack epoxy and then used these to mount it, it's been a year and it's still good.
If you google MGTF binnacle fix you will get options from various forums.

Registered
In my experience once plastic fails that is it.

The best replacement option is a new binnacle, one which is easy to remove if you need to get to the back of the instruments to undo the electrical connectors et al. Excellent match to the dashboard (texture and colour), rock solid fitting from a UK supplier called Jakabi Design - Jakabi design. Message him to make contact.

Easy to remove existing binnacle and easy to fit Jakabi's.

Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
A very interesting FB page if your prepared to chop your F/TF about, some very nice designs (to me) but not what I'm about, definitely worth a look though if your into body mods. I did find a picture of a binnacle but no mention of prices which makes my wallet nervous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts