MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Pete, did'nt you have a problem with one the Mcgard Locking Nut's bottoming out and snapping off?
yes, but that was a previous set from another source, they were the wrong ones. I've had no problem at all with the current set purchased from the online store.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Just checked mine i bought of Glenn Sprigg MGMANIA and mine are marked 24157??? so think im'e going to get a new set MGR originals and sod it,Dave

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,186 Posts
The code that I have for the McGard nuts on my car is 28023.

I think 24157 is incorrectly listed by McGard as being suitable for the F/TF.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Pete im'e confused now, if you look on shop and click on the packet of Mcgard nuts you will see the number 24157,this is what i have ,now have i right one and you wrong one? whats going on ha ha,im'e really peed off as just today paid for a set of original MGR locking nuts as had enough.
http://shop.mg-rover.org/shop/152_4...els/alloys_wheel_locking_wheel_kit/index.html
hopefully when you get them they will be the 82518 number, which I'm pretty sure is the correct one.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
The code that I have for the McGard nuts on my car is 28023.

I think 24157 is incorrectly listed by McGard as being suitable for the F/TF.
ok then what do you think of this i found Xpart list for Mcgard locking nuts for MGF/TFpart number look at bottom of alloys click on link http://www.mgcars.org.uk/carclub/mgfregister/news/X-Part/downloads/Assessories_listing.pdf

Alloys - Locking Wheel Nuts XPT000008ACC 1 20.91 McGard locking wheel nut kit 4 nuts, 1 removal tool

hopefully when you get them they will be the 82518 number, which I'm pretty sure is the correct one
You hope :) ha ha

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,186 Posts
Not sure except that parts list is now 2 years old, it could be that Xaprt found the problem with that set and superseded with another set with a different part code?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts