MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an MG TF around 2 months ago, and I'm finally looking to do some interior upgrades. I'm finding it almost impossible to find any parts, does anyone know where I can buy some interior upgrades?

I've uploaded an attachment of an interior from another member of the forum (Davemul) that he posted a few years back. I'd love to have the alloys, gear stick, door card etc but can't manage to find them online anywhere. I'm also interested in getting the red & black MG steering wheel, but had no luck there either.

Any help is much appreciated

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Most parts may be able to be purchased off ebay. You don't say if you have a Mk1 F or a later Mk2 F or TF but the gear surround in the picture is a Mk2 F or TF so if you have a Mk1 F you would also need to purchase console. These are again readily available on ebay.

Gear surround - mgtf gear surround | eBay

Console - mgtf centre console | eBay

In relation to the gear surround, the one in the picture has been polished, these do sometimes come up pre polished on ebay but it would be easier and cheaper to buy a standard one and get it polished yourself.

Steering wheel, again try ebay, - MGTF MGF all years Black / red Leather Steering Wheel for refurbishment | eBay

Door panels, it depends if you've a Mk1 F as in the picture or a 1.6 TF as the panels for these have rectangular door handles whereas the later Mk2 and TF had oval door handles. The inserts can again be purchased from ebay and if necessary, you could recover if the ones you want were not available.

Seats, again look on ebay but you might need a few pennies as leather seats regularly sell for over £200 and if colour coordinated/mixed colour they can go for a lot more than that.

·
Registered
mg_tf
60 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly with what dert says all my upgrades have been sourced from ebay some take much longer than others to find. It also depends on how much you want to pay, I find you must set a limit and stick to it else you do pay over the odds and kick yourself when days later a better version turns up for less. So moral don't let your heart rule your head.
I also find that you can recover door cards, door capping and I have also recovered my binnacle which is rewarding and unique, after all even if it's a pig's ear of a job and you were going to replace it originally nothings lost.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both, I’ll start looking into eBay

sorry for somehow forgetting to say what car I have lol; it’s an MG TF 1.8l 135 2005

so I have the centre console, although it’s a textured grey whereas I’d prefer a black like the picture

·
Registered
1995 MGF Mpi
824 Posts
Another place to try for good used, and NOS interior parts is Church Square Auto

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Ryan,
Yes, my 02 TF has that (kind of ugly) grey center console too, but I want to go for the timber grain look. I think some F/TF’s had timber grain inserts on the doors also.
Best of luck,
Caleb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts