MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst I am not too impressed with making work for myself, I am wondering if it is possible to remove the gearbox without dropping the whole engine and subframe. I have seen how to's where the whole lump has been wheeled out from the raised body but I'm hoping it is possible to perhaps manipulate the subframe enough to take out the old box and fit a replacement, without too much removal of components. Any help or pointers would be great

·
Registered
1995 MGF Mpi
783 Posts
The gearbox can be removed from the left side, through the wheel opening, of the car by just lowering the left hand side of the subframe.

When I changed the clutch on my F two winters ago, I followed this procedure. It doesn't talk about removing the gearbox but it provides all the steps to get to the point of removing the gearbox.

·
Registered
mg_tf
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The gearbox can be removed from the left side, through the wheel opening, of the car by just lowering the left hand side of the subframe.

When I changed the clutch on my F two winters ago, I followed this procedure. It doesn't talk about removing the gearbox but it provides all the steps to get to the point of removing the gearbox.
[/URL]
I cant get the link to work dont know if its just me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts