MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Does seem a bit unnecessary, you'd think Nanjing could launch the old style TF there, what competition is it likely to have?

Maybe the ex-MGR prototype disguise operative has been given a job in Nanjing and they just had to try to find something for him to do - must be feeling at a bit of a loose end after all the years spent, rushed off his feet, at Longbridge....

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Maybe if you want good press then you need to run about in a car that clearly is made to look like it has something to hide then everyone is snapping away and you gets lots of free coverage

·
Registered
32 Posts
wolf in sheep cloathing

What they could be testing is a new engine and electrics on an old body.... and then come out with a new design and engine.

·
Registered
rover_75
3,524 Posts
What is it with the Chinese and sticking black tape all over the cars?

Is it so they stand out on the roads in china but you can work out what it is???

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
yes it could well be a test mule. I believe some manufacturers test new cars by connecting the floorpan to a bodyshell of cars by other companies!

And of course, with the new freelander, a current bodyshell was used to hide the test mule.

I know the wheels of the TF above are those introduced as part of the short-lived 2005 revisions, but does anyone else think that in the photo above the wheels resemble those on the Volvo XC90?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
5,867 Posts
I'm always a little suspicious of people with a single post to their name posting something important.

Just why would someone in Spain join and stay silent for six months, before suddenly deciding to post a spyshot from China.

Am I being paranoid?

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
PatrickT said:
I'm always a little suspicious of people with a single post to their name posting something important.

Just why would someone in Spain join and stay silent for six months, before suddenly deciding to post a spyshot from China.

Am I being paranoid?
Some people usually can't be bothered to register but something like this prompts them to post and register.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
5,867 Posts
Maybe it's me but I can't see any joke in that.

For every peasant farm with no electricity in China there's also a gleaming new factory that puts UK industry to shame.

Mock Chinese industry at your peril.

G

·
What UK industry? Its all gone.... we get paid for sitting on out arses. Ok some have to move via German cars to an office whilst others stay in bed an smell. Thats what Blair has done for us

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
PatrickT said:

Am I being paranoid?
I think gambini is a regular visitor, maybe he joined because he owns a Rover 25 but isn't too comfortable with writing in english so dosn't post?

Thanks for the picture gambini. :beer2:

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
gambini said:
well its just a pic from a few days ago

It's a 2005MY TF, right down to all the details, including the alloy wheel style and glass-window canvass roof.

What would be interesting to know is whether this TF was assembled here in the UK before/during administration, or actually built in China. I would suspect the former - but engineers may be fine-tuning the car for driving conditions in China.

Shame that it isn't possible to identify the nationality of the occupants - again may indicate whether they have folks from the Midlands working over there on the engineering, or whether Nanjing are themselves are becoming increasingly confident about the product to undertake this work themselves...

·
Registered
rover_25
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah that´s right I´m from spain and I registered some time ago, but I didn´t post anything because i had "nothing" to share with you, althought I read you almost every day looking for good news. I found the pic in a spanish forum and I didn´t see anything about it here, so I posted it.

pd: I do need to practice a little more my english, I admit ;) but I almost feel like at home writing/talking in english, love your language/country/cars ;)

greetings

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
Nice work gambini, stick around, I cant think of a better way to practice your English than posting more snippets like that one ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts