MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
you don't want to be fitting that, unless you want to loose power. it would need enclosing and a cold air feed, so basically you'd finish up with a very inferior version of the TF air box.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
No idea about this particular make of filter, suspect its too cheap to be much good although it may give you more induction noise if that's what you want but at the expense a few BHP. The problem of fitting the open cone filters in a TF is that you will be loosing power by drawing hot air from the engine bay instead of cold air from outside.
The TF air intake system is recognised to be quite good so you would be better off fitting a performance panel filter into the existing box.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have a funny feeling in about a years time the foam would degrade, get sucked into the engine and das vuld make di TF go KAPPUT!

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
as others have said... its annoying he has put KN into the advert title as its clearly not an actual K+N filter.

fitting any open cone filter may result in a slight loss of power due to heat soak, but u gain the grin factor from induction roar. if u did decide on a new filter, please buy a reputable brand one and then fit it inside a rover 820 airbox or plant pot and give it a good supply of cold air.

i wouldnt touch that particular ebay seller's products with a barge pole.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
or buy one of those direct cold air feed with an enclosed filter, like the viper kit etc...

This is what i am planning as i don't like the idea of fudging a K&N filter a 800 airbox or plant pot.

·
Registered
42,093 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
downside being they cost a load more, whereas utilising a 820 airbox gets pretty much the same gains for a lot less cash.
Very true, Mike Satur sell the Viper or Vadar at around £200 which isn't a huge expense for it to be done properly although i do appreciate the costs saving by pottin the K&N.

I like the fact that the kits come with a pipe feed that you can slip into the side air vent also, again i know it can be done cheaply but i don't trust my manufacturing skills! just my flatpak/bolt on fixing!! ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts