MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've a 2004 TF that I'm hoping to restore. I'm having a problem with the immobiliser that I'm hoping someone here may have some advice on.
The car was originally layed up as the head gasket went. The battery went dead. Later when I changed the battery, the key fob wouldn't turn off the immobiliser so the 'dinging' noise just keeps going. I subsequently changed the engine and restored the subframe. I also had a 45 with the engine gone so I swapped the ECU, the unit under the dash (Teketron) and the key fobs. This worked fine but after a while of the battery going dead and changing it the same thing happened to this one, i.e. the key fob will no longer turn off the immobiliser. Anyone know if there is something simple that goes in this situation?
BTW, I've tried the multiple key presses etc that have been suggested on the forum previously with no luck.

Regards,
Benny

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,409 Posts
Problem with Pektron system is it knows to loose memory with all info on programmed fobs if car battery is left to drain slowly.
Best thing you can do is to contact Paul from Technozen Electronics - Home Of Pektron SCU Repair as he is the best person on subject.

·
Registered
rover_45
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha, that was not the reason I changed the engine :) The head gasket was gone and I wanted to do a K-series engine with the upgraded kit to put into it. When I took out the subframe it was very rusty so I proceeded to restoring it before putting in the refurbished engine. I'm hoping to restore the whole car over time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts