MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking for some information regarding the Sports Suspension for the MG TF 160. Specifically, how I can identify if I have it fitted already and where I may be able to buy a full set. I do have a service history with the car but no where does it state whether or not it has the Sport Suspension. My understanding is that on pre 05 cars, the front springs have a blue mark and the rears have a red mark. Does this relate to the type of suspension or is it simply a way to tell which end of the car they are meant for?

Also, are there any alternatives to the sports suspension (without swapping to standard or comfort)?

Cheers!

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,662 Posts
The Sports Pack suspension (SP1) is a 10mm drop over the standard suspension.

In this picture the damper on the left is my cars original O/S rear that was damaged when I had issues removing the top nut, the damper on the right was bought as a quick replacement but as soon as I compared the two units it was obvious the replacement unit was an SP1 damper. In this case both springs were painted with read markings and looked identical in height.

As you can see spring seat is slightly lower (when attached to the car) but only by about 5mm or so, so perhaps there is a difference in spring height to get the 10mm drop.

Automotive tire Camera accessory Coil spring Wood Cylinder
Light Automotive tire Wood Gas Tints and shades

Automotive tire Wood Gas Automotive wheel system Rim

Wood Cylinder Gas Art Nut

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply and for the photos! I'll need to check once I have the suspension off my car, if they match up to yours or not. I think I may have the lowered ones fitted already...

Thankfully, I am not in a rush to change the suspension however, it has not long passed the 70K mark and they may need looked at soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts