MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im new to the forum and have got a few questions about the TF... and sorry if these has been asked before,

1. I would like to know how you can feed the amp wires into the boot of the TF as you need to go threw the engine bay first.

Is their an easy clear route to go by??? Ive looked around the forum and have had no joy finding an answer... if anyone can help its much appreciated.

2. I would also like to know how to remove the perspex sheet infront of the dials in order to fit an CUSTOM FASCIA speedo. Ive taken everything apart but couldnt get the perspex off. Any Ideas???

And i think thats it for now... any help is greatly appreciated as i am new the the TF world!

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,041 Posts
If you lift the carpet and sound deadening from the engine inspection cover you will find a grommet on the passenger side of the car. Feed the cable through this and into the engine bay, open the boot and remove the grill over the engine so that you can feed the cable. You will then need to remove the boot carpet, I don’t know if there is a pre drilled hole or not but if not then you will have to drill one after checking what you are drilling into!

·
Registered
13,968 Posts
Do a search on this forum for subwoofer and you'll find plenty. In short, there's practically no point in putting a sub in the boot, as the engine will demolish any kind of sound. Sharky has a box in his passenger footwell, and I have a Panasonic active box behind my seat. Sharky's probably sounds the better of the two, if nothing else he's got plenty more wallop than my little active enclosure, but then mines hidden and being right behind the seat it adds decent clout without being overly noisy.
Easiect route to take would be to whip the handbrake covers off and route it through there, plenty of room for cables.

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
To answer the other question, the perspex is glued to the instrument surround so it cant be removed easily. I have attempted to remove one in the past and it just cracked the perspex. Only way I could see of getting it off would be to cut through the perspex above the glue, but low enough that the cut wouldn't be visable when it is re-installed.

Do a search on this forum for subwoofer and you'll find plenty. In short, there's practically no point in putting a sub in the boot, as the engine will demolish any kind of sound. Sharky has a box in his passenger footwell, and I have a Panasonic active box behind my seat. Sharky's probably sounds the better of the two, if nothing else he's got plenty more wallop than my little active enclosure, but then mines hidden and being right behind the seat it adds decent clout without being overly noisy.
Mine is hidden behind the passenger seat too Steve, not in the footwell ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply guys...

Makes sense to fit it in the cabin rather then the boot.... I only thought boot install on the TF becoz its the traditional place for the sub to go...

So i guess a new sub needs to be bought then!

The Perspex seems to be a tricky job... not one ill probably succeed doing! For that fact... i think i wasted £20.00 on the Facia! :wavecry:

Cheers again guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts