1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
If you want the full run down on this 'car' look on the xpower forums. It is described by those who know it as not being possible to restore/drive. It is literally an engineering shell. I guess if you had £50k or more then anything is possible but without it this SV is going nowhere.

hth

Mike

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Love this quote

The car was UK Road Registered and we do not see a problem with gaining a V5 for the car and returning her to the road

So why didn't he? In other words he can't see any way of making a profit on it for the amount of work involved and is cutting and running.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
You're spot on xerif - this SV was sold at the auction and was expressedly described as not fit for road use due to it being a development car. It's a prototype and should not be allowed on the road in the hands of the public - the advertiser is being very irresponsible in making that comment. Personally I would be wary of even having it as a track car without it being completely refurbished, and the cost of that would make it quite an expensive project. I was a bit tempted by it when I was there - I know where I can get an engine and box cheap - but it's a wreck to be honest. Steer well clear!

·
Homologation Engineer
1,107 Posts
Oracle said:
Wheres rincewind when you need him?
Have no fear Rincewind is here :petevick: !

Humm, someone somewhere needs a good :twak: ing!

Noone should attempt to get the car back on the road that's probably why most of the driveline has been removed. That car did a lot of work and was thrashed and changed to within an inch of its life.

The amount of chassis work etc it did and it will not be a good car to try and get back on the road at all.

it should really be locked up in an automotive display cabinet charting the development history of the MG SV, not in someones lock up somewhere who hasn't got a clue what it's all about. the car is really only worth scrap value to anyone outside of the industry, to a historian it would be worth a bit more!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts