MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zt
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been bitten by the bug and am buying a ZT 190+ on Friday.

Does anyone know of a garage that services MG's in south Essex? It's got over 11k to go before the next service, but at an average of 400 miles a week it'll come round sooner than I think!

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Hi Steve

Nice to have met you the other day, I bet you can't wait until you pick up your ZT on Friday.

There are a couple of garages:

Swan Coachworks, Paycocke Mews, Basildon.

Time Tees Cars, Upminster.

I've used both (My ZT has been repaired by Swan Coachworks). Both of them are Xpart Service Centres.

·
Registered
mg_zt
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ian.

Nice meeting you too.

You're right, I can't wait. Friday can't come round quick enough! The owner emailed me some more pics today and I definitely think it's Firefrost. I've got to go to Buckinghamshire to collect it so it'll give me a nice long journey home to get used to it.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is an Xpart Service Centre?

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Xpart are the company that provides MG Rover approved parts.

To give you a little bit of history, MG Rover sold off their parts arm a few years ago to Caterpillar. They then provided all the back up to the dealers, deliverying parts etc., When MG Rover went bust, Caterpillar still continue to distribute the parts. They have set up Xpart Service Centres with some of the old dealer network, and recruited new garages. Any Xpart dealer will be able to provide official MG Rover parts. Have a look at their website www.xpart.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts