MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1101 - 1120 of 1132 Posts

·
Registered
36,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,106 ·
MG is still beating its New Usual Suspects MINI, Škoda, Volvo, Citroën, Renault, Honda, SEAT, Mazda and Fiat YTD though Škoda and MINI outsold MG by a few hundred each in May and could beat the octagon over the year at this rate.
SEAT is having a mare of a year with sales halved.
Top 5 May are Ford, VW, Audi, B*W, Kia, though YTD it's Ford, Kia, Audi, VW, B*W. Hyundai is showing big growth as the only high volume brand above MG.
Tesla seem to have sold virtually no cars this month and, as "Other Imports" contains Tesla and has fewer registrations than MG both in May and YTD, we can say that MG is genuinely no.12 best-seller, behind Peugeot and Nissan in 10th and 11th respectively, who have each sold about 6,000 (30%) more cars in the year than MG's 19,695.

·
Registered
36,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,108 ·
As June is the end of the quarter and probably the end of a sale target for the dealers...my guess for June is 6500
well, we know they can sell what turns up and that Shanghai has just come out of a Covid lockdown, but I imagine there is an absolute mountain to fulfil. Early monthly figures had them about doubling sales IIRC but now it's below that, even though there are hardly any other manufacturers selling more than last year (Kia and particularly Hyundai exceptions)...

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,927 Posts
In have just returned from the west Country having collected this beauty for the collection. Mustang Power.

Up yours Greta. Go spread your Gospel to the likes of Russia, Germany, China, India etc .. see how that pans out rather than "easy meat" MUG UK. Thus putting this nation at an even greater trading disadvantage whilst most of those Nations are still using and even building Coal and Oil powered Power Stations.

More seriously, now fully retired I do very few miles annually in my cars now I do not have a long daily work commute or large mile totals to cover for work travel. A quick check recently showed my most used daily driver, an MG ZTY-T 1.8T I slotted a low mileage MG6 engine into back in 2016, the yearly average using MoT data showed less than 1500 miles annually. Arranging "Cherished" Insurance on the V8 with an annual 3000 mile limit of twice my average mileage costs remarkably little compared to what I pay for normal social domestic and pleasure on the 1,8Ts... which incidentally are far less valuable.

Reason I mention this is simply because I was near astounded by the number of Chinese MG Product seen on the near 300 mile round trip to collect the V8. My younger son allowed me to drive us down in his much cosmetically challenged Rover 25 he's had for twelve years now. Bought in 2010 as his first car as an impoverished ( = skint ) student at Bristol Uni. Needed transport for the 70mile daily round trip commute. An ebay spares or repair cheapie with suspect so called HGF. Fitted MLS New gasket after thoroughly checking all the required things to ensure a reliable repair. Twelve year on, me driving the little car on the outward trip I was surprised how well the now twenty year old car with well over 100,000 miles ran, Correction .. very surprised. It never missed a beat and driven with throttle restraint, not to be confused with driving slowly, I suspect it averaged 40 mpg for the overall round trip. I'll fill it up later and check the brim fill to brim fill litres used for the trip. Better than than relying on the fuel gauge showing still half a tank of fuel.

Also attached an image of the little Rover towed by my Grey 620ti all the way home from the Isle of Anglesey and the MLS .. Remarkably reliable and economical for twelve years now.

Attachments

·
Registered
36,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,110 ·
Guessing for June 2022:

June 2021 2,834.

May 2022 3,143

Registrations continue like a steady flow of water from behind a huge logjam, and prices of cars available today are going up. IIRC you can't actually order a new MG EV (certainly not the 5 pending facelift), so I'll presume that they actually got another few dozen extra transporterloads over to be snapped up and say 3,352.

MemberJun mth
AlfaMack6,500
patpending 3,352

1101 - 1120 of 1132 Posts