MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1,081 - 1,100 of 1,379 Posts
Hello AlfaMack and :welcome: (to mg-rover.org). Once of the most exciting times in the last 20 years to join an MG website, even if all message boards are but pale shadows of their previous selves.
Thanks Pat,
I'm on a few different forums for different reasons and it is noticeable that the quantity of posts is way down on the past. I'll do my bit to add posts on the HS side as I'm hoping to keep it for a good number of years, fingers crossed.

Al

Discussion starter · #1,083 ·
Thanks Pat,
I'm on a few different forums for different reasons and it is noticeable that the quantity of posts is way down on the past. I'll do my bit to add posts on the HS side as I'm hoping to keep it for a good number of years, fingers crossed.

Al
I think it all happens on Facebook nowadays and in other places like Instagram . I remember months I made 1,000 posts here but it's more like 10 nowadays. Googleplus and myspace have already bitten the dust!

Discussion starter · #1,086 ·
So let's put these together. A really staggering month for sales last month, 9,367, and "only" 2,146 in April 2021,only a quarter of that figure though not in a new registration month. Car transporters are continually arriving, but many people are looking at a great many months' wait to get the car they ordered, and you can't order a petrol one anyway...
...so I'll go "low" this month at only 1.8x 2021.but under half March.

MemberApr mth
simcor8,500
AlfaMack6,500
patpending3,949

Discussion starter · #1,088 ·
MemberApr mth
patpending 3,949
AlfaMack6,500
SpottyCat7,450
simcor8,500

So we think MG have built up a huge order book , so humungous that even with record-breaking dealer deliveries customers are still having to wait for months...

Discussion starter · #1,097 ·
Having just gone through the numbers. I note that the top-selling brands are Ford, Audi, Kia, B*W, and Volkswagen "VW" in more or less that order (Audi well ahead of VW). MG's April performance was not its strongest, and MINI, Škoda, Volvo and Honda outsold MG, but not YTD where MG outsold all its competitors!
The strongest-selling brands are Kia and Hyundai.

Discussion starter · #1,099 ·
MG Motor UK have announced they have beaten whole year 2020 (18,415) by M5 2022, with YTD registrations over 18,800.

YTD April was 16,552 so to beat 18,800 sales must have been at least 2,248. I hope they were higher as that would be far lower than any other month in 2022 and, I think, the lowest since August 2021.

1,081 - 1,100 of 1,379 Posts