MG-Rover.org Forums banner

661 - 680 of 733 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Come on MG. I need a new car and really want to buy one of those electric emotion coupes. The other half wants a Lexus. Hurry up and start selling it so I can be part of the figures.

·
Registered
9 Posts
January sales ahead of some big names and closing in on Mazda. With 1.24% of new car sales, MG Motor is fast becoming a serious player in the UK.
Dacia especially must be concerned at going backward in the budget new car stakes.

·
Registered
36,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #665
MGJohn1,111
Noblapod1,200
batoutofhull1,300
Forrester1,325
G0MRL1,498
gnu
adaveabbott
1,850 WINNER!
patpending2,024
You're right, Dave, this new interface is beating me a bit.
Next time make your guess before the end of the month....
...unless you Knew Something lol.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,898 Posts
That is a surprisingly good total considering folks would be recovering from Christmas expenses. That total would not include many fleet sales I would suggest, maybe not even one! Mostly private sales, unlike the more mainstream marques for fleets like Ford, Vauxhall(GM) etc. Fleet registrations have always distorted the situation creating a false impression. Same wit pre-Reg stuff. Back in the middle ages, well mid-1960s, my boss asked twenty something me to jump into his Daimler and he drove me to a remote part of Essex with a field full of new Fords, all pre-registered. He had purchased a pre-reg new Ford for the firm and got me to drive it back to the base in East London.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Come on MG. I need a new car and really want to buy one of those electric emotion coupes. The other half wants a Lexus. Hurry up and start selling it so I can be part of the figures.
Guesses for Feb. not yet posted.
I'll say 2105 as it seems on the up.

·
Registered
36,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #669
turns up late for party again no post from Mr. Abbott yet lol?

FEBRUARY 2020

Feb 2019 448
Jan 2020 1,846

Purely ZS EV is surfing a "right place, right time" eco-fashion wave when there are very few competitors available. Plus there are now more than 100 dealers and HS in the also now eco-cool non-diesel SUV sector replaces sales-limited GS. There is even advertising!

Supply seems not (yet?) to have been greatly affected by coronavirus, although specific orders insistent on certain configurations may be hard for dealers to fulfil quickly.

The last month before the reg change is traditionally a pretty quiet one, although customers continue to drive new cars away in this last week.

·
Registered
36,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #670
I would predict registrations to be down this month as many dozens of private and fleet (we don't tend to see the fleet handovers but I expect they are about a quarter of the total) registrations are presumably being deferred until Sunday, so 1.357.

patpending
1,357​
Forrester
2,105​
G0MRL
2,222​

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
There are HS on at least one hire fleet somewhere. Went to Volvo to pick a truck up from service and they had 2 HS in the yard, white and black one. One he said was a replacement courtesy car for one of their Micras that had been totalled.

He wasn't very praiseworthy about it suggesting they can't give them away.

Tbh if it was a choice between a HS or micra then it's a no brainer in my opinion.

·
Registered
90 Posts
1200 for this month. Same guess as last month and I expect that I will be hopelessly wrong again!
All the best...Chris.

·
Registered
36,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #676
There are HS on at least one hire fleet somewhere. Went to Volvo to pick a truck up from service and they had 2 HS in the yard, white and black one. One he said was a replacement courtesy car for one of their Micras that had been totalled.

He wasn't very praiseworthy about it suggesting they can't give them away.

Tbh if it was a choice between a HS or micra then it's a no brainer in my opinion.
If you wanted an MG3 sized car it might be a bit big. Otherwise it's more like getting a Range Rover if your Fiesta is in a smash! :D

·
Registered
36,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #677
I was lured into thinking I could edit my guesses post but was then told I couldn't. .org has changed lol...

Incidentally, I've seen a guess from the new Longbridge dealer which is lower than all of these...

Noblapod
1,200​
patpending
1,357​
adavabbott
1,448​
gnu
1,800​
simcor
2,020​
Forrester
2,105​
G0MRL
2,222​

·
Registered
36,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #679
You can only edit your post within a 24 hour window which is really stupid.

Cheers..
You can only edit your post within a 24 hour window which is really stupid.

Cheers..
I am given the opportunity to to edit previous posts now but when I try I get an error message telling me I can't do more than ten edits a week or something.

BTW are you having a guess this month?

661 - 680 of 733 Posts