MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
371 Posts
The question is why? they are mandatory on newer cars but not the TF, if you think it's a good idea you could wire the spot/fog lights to come on with the ignition, it is very doubtful that lights aimed downwards would cause a glare problem to other road users. The MOT however might be a problem in that as I understand it, if they are not required for that vehicle they won't be tested but if they come on automatically they will be.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
13,526 Posts
As title..do they still trade with their DRL daytime lights for the TF?
I've tried messaging them a few times with no reply!! Cheers in advance folks...
I do not know when you tried to contact them, but many companies took some days off in respect to Her Majesty.

Other option is to contact MG Rover Custom Car Parts, since Rick is doing the same DRLs.

·
Registered
mg_tf
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do not know when you tried to contact them, but many companies took some days off in respect to Her Majesty.

Other option is to contact MG Rover Custom Car Parts, since Rick is doing the same DRLs.
Cheers for that I'll look in to that ...may have to try again next week maybe👍

·
Registered
mg_tf
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They've replied but unfortunately they are not selling any at the moment due to customers not honouring the returns policy, resulting in no lights to alter so making delivery times longer🙄 had a look at Rover custom parts and they are not doing business for a month due to moving addresses so looks like it will go on the back burner for now.!!!

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,701 Posts
......you could wire the spot/fog lights to come on with the ignition.........The MOT however might be a problem in that as I understand it, if they are not required for that vehicle they won't be tested but if they come on automatically they will be.
The Highway Code does state that fog lights should only be used when visibility is reduced to less than 100m by fog - rules 226 & 236 (on the F/TF they are fog lights, not driving/spot lights ;))

Equally the MOT Testing manual does specifically state:

You only need to inspect daytime running lamps (DRLs) if they’re fitted as original equipment to vehicles first used on or after 1 March 2018.
So fitted to any vehicle first registered/used prior to that date they will be outside the scope of the MOT test.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have fitted some after market d.l.r.and fogs combined angel help type in the original fog lamp holes on a tf had to make up a wireing loom but not a difficult job as previously stated not part of an mot as they are an aftermarket fitment and can simply be turned off

1 - 12 of 12 Posts