MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has ANYONE tried to find a route? I'm OK with putting in a POST CODE, but when I try and find a town, e.g. "Lincoln" I CANNOT find out how to change the system to change from POST CODE to TOWN?
Does anyone know how to change this over?

·
Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
320 Posts
At last something I know a bit about, postcodes begining 2 NSW (inc Canberra) 3 Victoria, 4 Queensland, 5 Sth Australia, 6 W. Australia, 7 Tasmania, the fruit of sorting international mail for years.

·
Registered
2002 MG TF VE51FTF
320 Posts
Just an additional thought that might help, if you know the letter code of the city ie LN = Lincoln and input LN 1 into the sat nav it will invariable take you to the city centre, if it requires a full postcode adding 1AA will normally take you to the main PO where I'm sure you will be directed by a helpful postie. It wont always work as postcodes can now be regarded as an income stream for the Post Office rather like vanity plates and the DVLA.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an additional thought that might help, if you know the letter code of the city ie LN = Lincoln and input LN 1 into the sat nav it will invariable take you to the city centre, if it requires a full postcode adding 1AA will normally take you to the main PO where I'm sure you will be directed by a helpful postie. It wont always work as postcodes can now be regarded as an income stream for the Post Office rather like vanity plates and the DVLA.
Good thinking batman (y) Worth a try tomorrow.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I asked about the sat nav, I could only type in the post code, when I tried to type in a town (Brigg) it didn't want to know.
I asked at the dealers and the guy came out typed in Brigg (Gap) then Lincolnshire, and it worked OK, could have been a flook, not sure?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts