MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A thread I have seen on other forums is a review of the PDI handover at different garages.

I picked my HS Exclusive Manual from Perry's of Preston at the end of March.
It arrived at the dealership on the Wednesday and I picked it up on the Thursday afternoon after test driving a PHEV version on the previous Sat as the dealer didn't have a Manual demo available.
They had it through the workshop to ensure the SW versions were up to date which was fine.
Salesman went through everything, including turning off a few annoying features.

My only issue was the "valet" prior to pick-up. It was degreased and all the wrappers removed, hoovered inside and dried.
What wasn't great was there was some swirls on the paint and under the bonnet was full of dust/dirt. There was also dust in some of the tighter panel gaps and rubbers.

To be honest, I am glad they didn't as it meant I could spend time washing, decontaminating the paint, polishing it and then adding some protection all over. It also gave me time to find a few flaws in the paintwork with trash under the clearcoat. The crap under the bonnet was relatively easy to remove with a mixture of hoovering it up, and using Vinyl and rubber care.

If I had pointed these out to the dealer, it would have meant either a delay in pick-up or a second visit and leaving the car while they are fixed. For the price I paid, I am happy to live with the minor flaws on the paint and will get round to fixing them myself.

I'd give the dealer a 7/10, only because of the valeting.

·
Registered
75 Posts
A thread I have seen on other forums is a review of the PDI handover at different garages.

I picked my HS Exclusive Manual from Perry's of Preston at the end of March.
It arrived at the dealership on the Wednesday and I picked it up on the Thursday afternoon after test driving a PHEV version on the previous Sat as the dealer didn't have a Manual demo available.
They had it through the workshop to ensure the SW versions were up to date which was fine.
Salesman went through everything, including turning off a few annoying features.

My only issue was the "valet" prior to pick-up. It was degreased and all the wrappers removed, hoovered inside and dried.
What wasn't great was there was some swirls on the paint and under the bonnet was full of dust/dirt. There was also dust in some of the tighter panel gaps and rubbers.

To be honest, I am glad they didn't as it meant I could spend time washing, decontaminating the paint, polishing it and then adding some protection all over. It also gave me time to find a few flaws in the paintwork with trash under the clearcoat. The crap under the bonnet was relatively easy to remove with a mixture of hoovering it up, and using Vinyl and rubber care.

If I had pointed these out to the dealer, it would have meant either a delay in pick-up or a second visit and leaving the car while they are fixed. For the price I paid, I am happy to live with the minor flaws on the paint and will get round to fixing them myself.

I'd give the dealer a 7/10, only because of the valeting.
I dont understand the delivery concepts
I ordered my car end of feb..it was due end of june..then end of august..but looking at end of september..fine..
But..some people ordered after..got their car already..some odered before but still waiting..seems like the chinese have no system in place.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bulk of the delayed deliveries seem to be Motobility, maybe there is an agreement in place between the manufacturers and motobility that they only get built when manufacturing allows? Who knows

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also collected my car today from Perrys of Preston. I had the same issue with you as under the bonnet wasn’t cleaned and a few “blemishes” on the bonnet. The handover went ok as I didn’t need a demonstration of controls etc. Just the DAB antenna issue that I’ve mentioned on a separate thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts