MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mg hs excite
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fresh to this forum so greetings everyone. Just wanted to throw the question out there, I had a seat Leon in the past and using an OBD 11 and some iPhone software I was able to enable things that wasn’t on the cars touch screen things like make the mirrors fold when locking etc, so I’ve just got a brand new MG HS Excite and was behind the Exclusive and noticed his had the swiping indicator, now knowing car companies as well as I do the lights are the same anyway that aside does anyone know a decent Bluetooth OBD11 that will work with iPhone and give me access to some features I can enable that may not have come “as standard” many thanks guys/gals

·
Registered
121 Posts
What hidden features do you want?
As for an OBD11, don't have a clue, unless I was proficiently up to date with it, I'd leave it to a professional, I only use my mobile just as a phone or texting the Grandkids, it's for emergency use only. Nearly 3 years ago I put £20.00 PAYG, I've still got about £9.00 left. At the moment, it's in the drawer switched off and only close family know the number, then they use my land line.

·
Registered
Mg hs excite
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some cars have certain features switched off if the model is a lower model, ie I bought the MG HS Excite but the Exclusive has certain features like swiping indicators, and other things, VAG cars are known for this, I had a Seat Leon FR and using the OBD I was able to enable folding mirrors when locking and other features that only the EVO model or The ultimate had. As the excite and exclusive are the same there must be features I can enable.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Some cars have certain features switched off if the model is a lower model, ie I bought the MG HS Excite but the Exclusive has certain features like swiping indicators, and other things, VAG cars are known for this, I had a Seat Leon FR and using the OBD I was able to enable folding mirrors when locking and other features that only the EVO model or The ultimate had. As the excite and exclusive are the same there must be features I can enable.
If you haven't purchased an executive yet, you'll be in for another surprise, MG are NOT fitting sunroofs now.
Straight from the dealers mouth !!
So you'd better have a good OBD11 !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts