MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all

I have only had my new car for 2 days, but I asked MG what accessories are available for the HS Exclusive and they told me they have not got anything other than car mats!!

So I wondered if anyone has already bought accessories for their MG HS from anywhere other than MG and what people would recommend?

I would like to buy the following but am always open to suggestions, especially if they have helped you.
1) Fitted Car Mats
2) Boot Mat / Protector
3) Coin Tray / Center Console tray
4) Locking wheel nuts

I look forward to seeing what everyone else has bought :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good afternoon all

I have only had my new car for 2 days, but I asked MG what accessories are available for the HS Exclusive and they told me they have not got anything other than car mats!!

So I wondered if anyone has already bought accessories for their MG HS from anywhere other than MG and what people would recommend?

I would like to buy the following but am always open to suggestions, especially if they have helped you.
1) Fitted Car Mats
2) Boot Mat / Protector
4) Locking wheel nuts

dont forget the Airhorns and the tree that smells nice..lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good afternoon all

1) Fitted Car Mats
2) Boot Mat / Protector
4) Locking wheel nuts

Fitted car mats, MG originals are quite dear, look on ebay
Look on ebay or amazon, i think it's ebay that do the boot protectors of all kinds,
Locking wheel nuts : Brown & Gammons LTD (MG dealer) £42.10 including postage.
Spare wheel, MG charge £277.14 for the whole set-up, with the foam on top holding all the tools needed for changing the wheel. Again, not cheap !

I'm having fitted front sensors, it's booked in at a cost of £540.00 Again not cheap, but I find it hard to judge where the front of the car is when parking up to another car or wall, but that might only be me?

As for inside the car, when you close the car door, have you found the bottom of the pull, the plastic sounds scratchy and cheap. I'm going to purchase some carpet, and make up some templates and cut out the carpet to fit. It doesn't have to be a deep pile carpet, but it will be cheaper than the MG type you can get. OK they have MG printed on them, but they come from China and their made for left hand models, so the centre console items are cut the wrong way round. See you tube, there's a guy who's purchased a set and he gives a report on them.
I'm not being a skin flint, but I recon I can make a good job of them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've got some genuine HS mats for a manual for sale @40 posted, and 1 protection pack for a plug in hybrid ( mats, boot liner, flaps ) left for £110 posted. Got some genuine locking wheel nuts for £40 posted, or £30 if sent with mats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got some genuine HS mats for a manual for sale @40 posted, and 1 protection pack for a plug in hybrid ( mats, boot liner, flaps ) left for £110 posted. Got some genuine locking wheel nuts for £40 posted, or £30 if sent with mats.
Thank you ever so much for the offer, I would definitely had them all if this was a few days earlier, I placed an order on Saturday for the mats, boot liner etc, but if you are interested in selling the flaps separately, let me know as these are one of 2 things on my list outstanding, the other being tinted windows! Mine is a HS Exclusive Dct so not sure whether the flaps would still fit or not?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thank you ever so much for the offer, I would definitely had them all if this was a few days earlier, I placed an order on Saturday for the mats, boot liner etc, but if you are interested in selling the flaps separately, let me know as these are one of 2 things on my list outstanding, the other being tinted windows! Mine is a HS Exclusive Dct so not sure whether the flaps would still fit or not?
there's no reason why they shouldn't fit, an HE is the same don't matter what model.
For a boot liner, look on Ebay, they have different types for the HS
Also look up BROWN & GAMMONS in Baldock Herts tel 01462 490049
www.ukmgparts.com
There also a main MG Dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I may be up for the mats - what colour are they and which ones as I believe there are all kinds of different styles. Sorry - am very fussy ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't have any mudflaps for this model left and I don't really want to split the protection pack. Thanks.

·
Registered
MG HS Exclusive DCT
5 Posts
Bought mudflaps, interior door pull and storage pocket rubber mats, boot liner and interior carbon fibre trim for the centre console and steering wheel (which looks very nice) all from china for really good price. For example, mudflaps were £12 and fit like a glove.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts