MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all

I finally collected my car yesterday after placing the order in November and there is lots to love but a few things not so much. Now it is fair to say I have not navigated all of the settings in the vehicle yet, so some of my issues may be easily resolved, but this is what I think so far, good and bad.
Good
1. The interior feels and looks much more refined than any other car in this price bracket, the soft touches, the glossy interior, the ambient lighting etc.
2. The car is so much smoother to drive than my previous Kia Sportage
3. The full sun roof and blind look amazing both open and closed
4. The adjustable lumbar support is a very welcome addition
5. The front screen is very nice, graphics and colours are bright and vibrant
6. Air con and heated seats work perfectly (just a shame they only have front heated seats).
7. If you hold down the unlock button, it opens all of the windows and sunroof (not sure what this feature is for, but I know from my previous car, it is handy on a hot sweltering day to open all the windows and sunroof to let a lot of the heat out before you reach the car. (holding lock button also closes them all back up).
8. The engine is very quiet, especially compared to my old Kia Sportage diesel!
9. Lots of options on the settings, like changing the ambient lights (colour and brightness) etc

Bad / improvements required
1. Wing mirrors are not always opening when I unlock the car resulting in me having to manually press the button to open the wing mirrors. I have double checked and the setting is definitely on, and they always fold inwards when I lock the car, but they do not always unfold.
2. Reverse Camera seems lesser quality than my previous Kia Sportage and for me it is angled to low as I can see the top half of my number plate.
3. There does not seem to be a way to store favourite contacts in the phone list, so is a real pain if you are driving having to press the phone tab, select contacts, then search and manually having to type in the name to call anyone.
4. Contacts are not always loading on the screen from my phone
5. As soon as I plug my phone in, the screen automatically goes to google maps which is annoying
6. I can not find a way to just mute the sat nav whilst still being able to listen to the radio etc
7. The controls seem to be a little non responsive on the screen
8. I have only driven in and around my home town, but the mileage is averaging 24mpg!!
9. The doors are meant to have a MG logo puddle light, and although there is definitely puddle lights, it is impossible to see an MG logo or text, just a white light from what I can see
10. No where to put loose change for car parks etc. In my old car I bought a coin tray of Amazon which fitted in the centre console but can not see anything similar for the MG HS.
11. Very little accessories available for the car yet, even MG themselves only have the car mats and boot liner available.
12. Lack of anywhere to place phone, no charging available from what I can see unless you plug in with a lead which makes it even more awkward to place in the car.

As I said, I only picked the car up yesterday morning so I am sure there will plenty more of the positives and negatives, but these were my initial thoughts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Craig,
If you are on Facebook, search for the MG HS (AS23) Information and Timeline page by a guy called Paul Williams. Lots of information and guides and ideas for accessories.

Aliexpress is the best place for accessories.

The wing mirrors may mean a visit to the dealer as some cars have an issue with the module that controls them.

Run the car in gently and the MPG will improve after 900 miles, don't know why, I have a manual version and am indicating 40mpg with a mix of town and occasional longer trips after 3000 miles.

The screen is slow to respond, you just get used to it.

The MG Puddle light might just be on the PHEV version, not the Exclusive one which is just a white light.

Happy to answer as many questions as you have.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Craig,
If you are on Facebook, search for the MG HS (AS23) Information and Timeline page by a guy called Paul Williams. Lots of information and guides and ideas for accessories.

Aliexpress is the best place for accessories.

The wing mirrors may mean a visit to the dealer as some cars have an issue with the module that controls them.

Run the car in gently and the MPG will improve after 900 miles, don't know why, I have a manual version and am indicating 40mpg with a mix of town and occasional longer trips after 3000 miles.

The screen is slow to respond, you just get used to it.

The MG Puddle light might just be on the PHEV version, not the Exclusive one which is just a white light.

Happy to answer as many questions as you have.
Thank you Alfamack, I will indeed have a look at that facebook page, that is very helpful.

My main issues are with the reversing camera, as it only shows the centre of the rear and points down too much imo, the phone feature not being able to store favourites and the lack of storage for coins, sunglasses etc but I am sure I will find a way some how.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
7. If you hold down the unlock button, it opens all of the windows and sunroof (not sure what this feature is for, but I know from my previous car, it is handy on a hot sweltering day to open all the windows and sunroof to let a lot of the heat out before you reach the car. (holding lock button also closes them all back up).

It's called lazy locking.

Cheers..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Good afternoon all

I finally collected my car yesterday after placing the order in November and there is lots to love but a few things not so much. Now it is fair to say I have not navigated all of the settings in the vehicle yet, so some of my issues may be easily resolved, but this is what I think so far, good and bad.
Good
1. The interior feels and looks much more refined than any other car in this price bracket, the soft touches, the glossy interior, the ambient lighting etc.
2. The car is so much smoother to drive than my previous Kia Sportage
3. The full sun roof and blind look amazing both open and closed
4. The adjustable lumbar support is a very welcome addition
5. The front screen is very nice, graphics and colours are bright and vibrant
6. Air con and heated seats work perfectly (just a shame they only have front heated seats).
8. The engine is very quiet, especially compared to my old Kia Sportage diesel!
9. Lots of options on the settings, like changing the ambient lights (colour and brightness) etc

Bad / improvements required
1. Wing mirrors are not always opening when I unlock the car resulting in me having to manually press the button to open the wing mirrors. I have double checked and the setting is definitely on, and they always fold inwards when I lock the car, but they do not always unfold.
2. Reverse Camera seems lesser quality than my previous Kia Sportage and for me it is angled to low as I can see the top half of my number plate.
3. There does not seem to be a way to store favourite contacts in the phone list, so is a real pain if you are driving having to press the phone tab, select contacts, then search and manually having to type in the name to call anyone.
4. Contacts are not always loading on the screen from my phone
5. As soon as I plug my phone in, the screen automatically goes to google maps which is annoying
6. I can not find a way to just mute the sat nav whilst still being able to listen to the radio etc
7. The controls seem to be a little non responsive on the screen
8. I have only driven in and around my home town, but the mileage is averaging 24mpg!!
9. The doors are meant to have a MG logo puddle light, and although there is definitely puddle lights, it is impossible to see an MG logo or text, just a white light from what I can see
10. No where to put loose change for car parks etc. In my old car I bought a coin tray of Amazon which fitted in the centre console but can not see anything similar for the MG HS.
11. Very little accessories available for the car yet, even MG themselves only have the car mats and boot liner available.
12. Lack of anywhere to place phone, no charging available from what I can see unless you plug in with a lead which makes it even more awkward to place in the car.

As I said, I only picked the car up yesterday morning so I am sure there will plenty more of the positives and negatives, but these were my initial thoughts.
Hi Craig,
Yes, I have the same problem with my wing mirrors, when I unlock they stay in, and I have to press the button on the door for them to open.
As for storage space, in the centre console, the two cup holders, you can pull out the centre piece and make it one big hole, stick it in your door pocket (wrapped up saves rattling) then if you want two cup holders, you can just slip it back in. Not sure how many members realise this?
The reversing camera, I had a VW Polo before, and it had a much wider view of the road, the angle was near on 170 degrees viewing, and yes you can see your number plate.
There is a setting so that the music goes down while your getting directions from the sat nav.
As for the puddle lights, I've never driven in the dark yet, so cannot comment.
As for somewhere to keep your loose change, in front of your right knee next to the headlight adjustment there is a cubby that pulls out for your change, though I would line it with thin rubber, stop the rattling.

·
Registered
121 Posts
They are programmed to work electrically, you shouldn't have to move them by hand, and are you causing more problems manually moving them ?
it's STILL under warranty, take it back. It's things like this that takes the shine off the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts