MG-Rover.org Forums banner

MG Gs exclusive

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Julie Tucker 
#1 ·
Hello all, Bought my MG Gs September 2017, had few problems with the sat nav display system, “freezing”. Been told software issue, didn’t solve the problem despite the software upgrade by the company. The car is too bumpy in town as if there is no suspension at all. And I can feel the car rattling when going over a pothole for example. And to complete the problems the steering wheel rod is faulty. Awaiting the spare part. Very low mileage 3000 . Any one had those problems? Thanks

#2 ·
Had mine since 2016 and had none of your issues. The only thing I needed changing (twice) by the dealer due to fault was the rear parking sensors. I had some dash rattle since I had my windscreen changed but a rubber trim I found online to go in the gap between the dash and windscreen have now sorted the rattle issue. The car does have a stiff suspension which was very noticeable on my first test drive but for me coming from a ZS180, this is nothing.

#3 ·
And to complete the problems the steering wheel rod is faulty
What symptoms does this problem give? At my first service I had a steering shaft replaced, the symptoms were a clonking noise when taking corners. I’ve just recently had the second service (see my posts re 1st and 2nd services) and it appears the clonking has started again. I reported this on the service but they claimed they couldn’t find the problem.

Like R8NMG I’ve also had the parking sensors changed

Other than the above issues I still like the car and think it’s good value when compared to other similar sized cars.

#4 ·
Thank you MGbob and R8nmg for your posts. I had the steering wheel column replaced today, and instantly I could tell the difference . The shaking and rattling of the car is minimal. Although the suspensions are a bit hard. The car feels smoother to drive. I sincerely hope that the problem has been resolved because I do like the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.