MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just bought myself the 2017 MG GS 1.5t D and i have a few questions about the entertainment system.

I have and 8" screen and it has a USB port so i can add iPod and stuff. however it doesn't have navigator and the showroom said i need to put it on a flash-drive, but they were very blunt about it.

Do i need to have the nav apk installed on the flash drive or can i install it on the radio itself?

If so, Does the radio run on android, windows or MGs own operating system?

just want to know that i install the right apk file.

Can i install other apks like youtube and stuff?

I didn't get the inkanet version of the stereo so its just the basic stereo. i can mirror link it to phones but my phone isn't compatible and just shows a black screen.

Does anyone have a model number and brand of the stereo they use so i can search for a user manual for it and some more info.

last question. if it isn't possible to add apks to this unit and i decide to get an aftermarket unit is it possible to still run the climate control on the aftermarket system like pioneer or something like that?

apologies for so many questions and appreciate any feed back.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Firstly inkaNet is not available to UK version GS, I think this could be just for Thailand or perhaps other countries.

Satnav is standard equipment in the Exclusive trim. There is a button second down from left on the entertainment system that says NAV, press it and this will bring up the satnav. Or alternatively you can access the satnav through the touchscreen display.

I'm not sure it is that simple as installing apk files into the system. No point in installing YouTube in a system that has no internet connection. The system can play certain video files when the car is stationary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts