MG-Rover.org Forums banner
101 - 116 of 116 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
So your car does not have VVC engine.
Which engine ECU is yours?

MKC 103730 or MKC 104111?

In accordance to this site: MGF and MG TF Engine electrics and sensors engine ECU MKC 103730 is superceeded by engine ECU 104111, so it would be reasonably correct to say you could swap these two engine ECUs.
Morning ,just to add my MG F is a 1999 1.8 and ir red lines at 6800 on the rev counter.The ECU kit advertised,is listed as a 1996 MGF MG-F MG F 1.8 ECU KIT MKC103730
Hopes this give more of a clue,if it will fit Len

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
My ECU is a MKC 104111,which is as you say,the later type The one advertised is an 1996 MKC 103730 Whether this will be suitable,being the early type I wait for your answers Len
I take it this is the other box that has to be replaced .They don`t make things easy do they ??? I worked at British Leyland for some years,but I never saw any track workers who had three hands and very flexible arms Len

Attachments

· Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
13,688 Posts
My ECU is a MKC 104111,which is as you say,the later type The one advertised is an 1996 MKC 103730 Whether this will be suitable,being the early type I wait for your answers Len
Earlier type and later type of engine ECU should both work. I am not expecting problems on this front. However, in which state that ECU for sale is I cannot say.

· Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
13,688 Posts
I take it this is the other box that has to be replaced .They don`t make things easy do they ??? I worked at British Leyland for some years,but I never saw any track workers who had three hands and very flexible arms Len
Yes, that is the one to replace as well. Assembly line has/had completely different type of access when they were mounting that ECU, and that particular ECU is placed in order not to be able to come to it and touch it.

· Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
13,688 Posts
I have three key fobs on the ring whether this is triple security,or two don`t work . I ign key and other three are same number.Another thing to sort out Len
You have a lot of keys and fobs there. Usually you have 2 keys and 2 fobs. If I see correctly with ecus for sale you will get only 1 fob? If so when you sort all of this, I strongly advie to enable one yours exiting to work with your car to have second fob working.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
You have a lot of keys and fobs there. Usually you have 2 keys and 2 fobs. If I see correctly with ecus for sale you will get only 1 fob? If so when you sort all of this, I strongly advie to enable one yours exiting to work with your car to have second fob working.
[/The three fobs van be binned as Ive ordered a replacement ECU kit Len

· Registered
'06 ZR +120 (HQM) '04 ZR 105 (IAB)
9,749 Posts
The three fobs van be binned as Ive ordered a replacement ECU kit Len
If they will function, there is no need to bin them - the Lucas fobs can be easily rematched to a different ecu and 5as set up using suitable diagnostic equipment - a good many garages will have such things, and certainly any good auto-locksmith will be able to do so. There are also DIY methods via things such as pscan.

I would keep them as spares tbh.

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
If they will function, there is no need to bin them - the Lucas fobs can be easily rematched to a different ecu and 5as set up using suitable diagnostic equipment - a good many garages will have such things, and certainly any good auto-locksmith will be able to do so. There are also DIY methods via things such as pscan.

I would keep them as spares tbh.
Will do waiting for ECU kit,with fingers crossed .Just doing a few small jobs on the car in the meantime .Glueing the edges of carpets down Also a small scratch on the panel in front of the boot lid. Always something to do on a classic Len

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Will do waiting for ECU kit,with fingers crossed .Just doing a few small jobs on the car in the meantime .Glueing the edges of carpets down Also a small scratch on the panel in front of the boot lid. Always something to do on a classic Len
Fitted the alarm ? box,behind centre console Ive had some awkward jobs,but this is one of the worst You need more of a flexible body,than I have .I ll fit the rest in a few days ,when I feel like it Len

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Well done. Keep going!! Regards. D4KGP.
Ive also fitted the two elastic straps,,to stop the hood locking,when folding down and they work a treat. When it gets a little warmer, I`ll fit the main ECU box but its certainly too cold to work in the garage at the moment We live very high up and it really makes a difference in the weather. I read,that if another ECU is fitted it is best to clear the memory of it .This is by removing the battery leads,and connecting them together ,making sure they dont touch the battery terminals Should this be done,with the ignition switched on or off Len

· Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Ive also fitted the two elastic straps,,to stop the hood locking,when folding down and they work a treat. When it gets a little warmer, I`ll fit the main ECU box but its certainly too cold to work in the garage at the moment We live very high up and it really makes a difference in the weather. I read,that if another ECU is fitted it is best to clear the memory of it .This is by removing the battery leads,and connecting them together ,making sure they dont touch the battery terminals Should this be done,with the ignition switched on or off Len
Hello things have come to a halt on the MG I wanted to respray the front wing as the laqcquer was peeling ,but its too cold Then to make matters worse,we were travelling up the M6 Friday 27th and were hit on the rear corner by a huge MAN lorry it spun the car round and I had to fight it to save hitting the centre barrier,and then as it slewed across the road,the left barrier Fortunately it was about junc 26 so a bit quiet and the lorry driver stopped farther along .He said due to the height and size of the lorry hae cant see cars,on his left .,The car is drivable,but a write off at least my wife and I went injured

· Registered
6,717 Posts
Hello things have come to a halt on the MG I wanted to respray the front wing as the laqcquer was peeling ,but its too cold Then to make matters worse,we were travelling up the M6 Friday 27th and were hit on the rear corner by a huge MAN lorry it spun the car round and I had to fight it to save hitting the centre barrier,and then as it slewed across the road,the left barrier Fortunately it was about junc 26 so a bit quiet and the lorry driver stopped farther along .He said due to the height and size of the lorry hae cant see cars,on his left .,The car is drivable,but a write off at least my wife and I went injured
VERY scary stuff - so glad you are both OK.

Reactions: Roverlike
101 - 116 of 116 Posts