MG-Rover.org Forums banner
61 - 80 of 116 Posts

Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
Not sure you will find person who could point you which relay does what on such open box picture. But you can work out, as suggested before, by looking at the pinout of the connector and measuring connectivity from connector to relay which relay do what.

In order to help you I am adding below pictures:

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Diagram

Slope Font Parallel Rectangle Terrestrial plant

Font Parallel Rectangle Urban design Pattern

Registered
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Not sure you will find person who could point you which relay does what on such open box picture. But you can work out, as suggested before, by looking at the pinout of the connector and measuring connectivity from connector to relay which relay do what.

In order to help you I am adding below pictures:

View attachment 139138

View attachment 139139

View attachment 139140
Thanks the first picture is a great help I have a feeling,the earth side of the relay energising coil isnt making earth I have just had a second meter off Ebay ,whichdoesnt work on OHMS so a trip to Screwfix when they open Thanks again for the help Len

Registered
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Thanks the first picture is a great help I have a feeling,the earth side of the relay energising coil isnt making earth I have just had a second meter off Ebay ,which doesnt work on OHMS so a trip to Screwfix when they open Thanks again for the help Len
Morning,Ive borrowed a friends meter until I can buy another one and Im getting more confused I measured the pins on 8 socket and 6 socket and they go the the relays shown These arn`t in the position as shown on the manual .Haven`t had time to measure the actual voltages on the relays yet But what am I doing wrong to think the relays are in the positio
Handwriting Rectangle Schematic Font Parallel
n Ive drawn Len

Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
All pictures in the manuals are NOT showing exact position of the relays within physical unit. They are just placed as best to represent connections and ONLY for reference, not as exact position of them.
As I said the best you can get is for YOU to measure connectivity of each connector's terminal to relay terminal and draw them on your picture.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Morning,Ive borrowed a friends meter until I can buy another one and Im getting more confused I measured the pins on 8 socket and 6 socket and they go the the relays shown These arn`t in the position as shown on the manual .Haven`t had time to measure the actual voltages on the relays yet But what am I doing wrong to think the relays are in the positio View attachment 139148 n Ive drawn Len
Morning,Ive borrowed a friends meter until I can buy another one and Im getting more confused I measured the pins on 8 socket and 6 socket and they go the the relays shown These arn`t in the position as shown on the manual .Haven`t had time to measure the actual voltages on the relays yet But what am I doing wrong to think the relays are in the positio View attachment 139148 n Ive drawn Len
Measuring now Imgetting 12 volts on the fuel relay pin 6/2 and now have to check if pin 6/1 goes to earth On the starter relay I dont get a voltage on pins 6/6 or 6/4 ,when the ignition key is turned to dstart position So more measiring What a way to spend New Years day ,but it keeps nagging at me till i find problem Len

Registered
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
All pictures in the manuals are NOT showing exact position of the relays within physical unit. They are just placed as best to represent connections and ONLY for reference, not as exact position of them.
As I said the best you can get is for YOU to measure connectivity of each connector's terminal to relay terminal and draw them on your picture.
Ive measured from the 8 pin and the 6 pin connectors and have drawn the diagram as shown Nwxt job is to test the earth lead on the fuel relay and find why no voltage on the start relat,when the ign.key is turned to start Semm to be getting somewhere slowly,but mainly due to the excellent help off the forum Len

Registered
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Ive measured from the 8 pin and the 6 pin connectors and have drawn the diagram as shown Nwxt job is to test the earth lead on the fuel relay and find why no voltage on the start relat,when the ign.key is turned to start Semm to be getting somewhere slowly,but mainly due to the excellent help off the forum Len
Hello pin 8/7 gives a voltage on the starter relay ,so it seems to be a problem ,with the wires on plug 6 .So more measuring Len

Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
You do not have automatic gearbox, so that part of electric diagram is not for you. You can see that part of diagram is for EMCVT cars, these are cars with automatic gearbox.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
You do not have automatic gearbox, so that part of electric diagram is not for you. You can see that part of diagram is for EMCVT cars, these are cars with automatic gearbox.
Thanks I thought this was the case One of the problems is,that the fuel pump does not run even though,there is 12 volts on one side of the coil. The other side of which goes to a box listed as ENGINE CONTROL MODULE (ECM0131) Is this also only for automatics in which case if its not there,then that coil connection should go to earth Len

Registered
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Thanks I thought this was the case One of the problems is,that the fuel pump does not run even though,there is 12 volts on one side of the coil. The other side of which goes to a box listed as ENGINE CONTROL MODULE (ECM0131) Is this also only for automatics in which case if its not there,then that coil connection should go to earth Len
Thanks again for the help Ive found three wiring faults so far and I have to find how to cure them .Since my car is manual ,then the start relay ,which has 12 volts on one of the pins of the energising coil it needs an earth ,on the other pin. As shown on the drawing Ive attached the one pin,which I would have thought should be earthed,goes to the ECU alarm (D111) which is fed by +12v on its other terminal This wouldnt earth the coil of the starter relay as Ive drawn in red.
Schematic Font Parallel Rectangle Engineering
Or am I getting something wrong I wanted a challeng of sorts,but this is beyond that Len

Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
Alarm ECU is earthing other side of relay when alarm ECU is supposed to do it. If alarm ECU is not doimg it, then problem is in alarm ECU or you have broken wire between relay and alarm ECU.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Hello Im beginning to feel ,that I am not really up to messing with cars anymore and if I cant sort it out soon I may have to call it a day. Im due for more treatment next week,for my cancer and I dont usually feel like doing much for a while afterwards Len

Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
Is that through the alarm its earthing I cant see how since it seems 12v on both sides of relay Len
Yes, alarm ECU. Sorry. I corrected the post above.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Hello Im beginning to feel ,that I am not really up to messing with cars anymore and if I cant sort it out soon I may have to call it a day. Im due for more treatment next week,for my cancer and I dont usually feel like doing much for a while afterwards Len
Forgot to add does anyone know ,where the ECU ALARM (D111) is Len

61 - 80 of 116 Posts