MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all MG Nerds (in the nicest way). I have a hardtop that I removed from my MGF some years ago before scrapping the car. It's blue. I need to try and determine which blue so I can sell it. Unfortunately I don't remember the registration or even the year of the car. I think it was 2002 ish but I may be a few years out. It was a completely standard MPI and a common colour, I saw many the same colour on the road. If anyone has the time I have photos on eBay (uses farre-malco). Are there many candidate colours?

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,332 Posts
On a late F, that dark blue I would think it is most likely to be Tahiti Blue (paint code JRJ).

It is a little difficult to tell from your pics as they are not under natural outdoor light and it does appear rather dark for Tahiti Blue, however that was the only dark blue offered on the F at the time you suggest. .

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
If the HT came with the MGF from new then it's likely Tahiti, but looking at your ebay pics I wouldn't recognise it was such. Later MG TFs came in Royal Blue which is darker than Tahiti.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts