MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did happen to this car from 1989? Was the car stored somewhere and then forgotten?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
Brad Pitt said:
It was at Gaydon.

Don't know whether it still is or was sold a couple of years ago when they had a clear out.
It's still on the list of cars they own anyway. The list is up to date as it features the last Rover 75 (well, for now, anyway).

·
Registered
rover_75
209 Posts
G8 NKB said:
What did happen to this car from 1989? Was the car stored somewhere and then forgotten?
Yes it is still on display. Back in 1988 I worked for a Austin Rover dealership and was lucky to have the EXE loan to us for the launch night of the opening. If you ever have a chance to see the car in the flesh have a look at the n/s door mirror you will see a rather large crack that has been repaired, this was due to a rather large drunk customer of ours knocking it off in the showroom. Needless to say superglue was used in abundance that evening before it was picked up in the morning by the logistics company Austin Rover employed.

·
Registered
mg_zs
767 Posts
I think this car prototype has dated fairly well. Okay so no one does pop-up lights anymore, but the model doesn't look as old as it actually is.

·
Registered
mg_zr
102 Posts
G8 NKB said:
I remember seeing it at the Scottish Motor Show in 1985,was on the Austin Rover stand along with a Metro 6R4.

·
Registered
984 Posts
sydneymj said:
Yes it is still on display. Back in 1988 I worked for a Austin Rover dealership and was lucky to have the EXE loan to us for the launch night of the opening. If you ever have a chance to see the car in the flesh have a look at the n/s door mirror you will see a rather large crack that has been repaired, this was due to a rather large drunk customer of ours knocking it off in the showroom. Needless to say superglue was used in abundance that evening before it was picked up in the morning by the logistics company Austin Rover employed.
So where did you bury that customer of yours? :D

R

·
0 Posts
RichardPhillips said:
Okay so no one does pop-up lights anymore.
There aren't many places where you are allowed to now (pedestrian safety rules)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts