MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Great to find an MG forum. I am an entrepreneur, and a startup enthusiast. Love to talk about philosophy and martial arts :)

Just about to get my first MG, but can't confirm if this is an LE model or not. If anyone can help me out, would appreciate it a lot. Serial number: D633728. VIN:
SARRDMBEM4D633728

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My suggestion is to make contact with MGOC and see with them how to proceed.
Thanks. Will try to do that. It is just a strange case. The car has everything an LE model is supposed to have. However, the VIN number starts with SARRDMBE and according to this website - http://www.mgtf.be/DE_numbers_ALL.html - LE versions do not start with this series of letters.

Furthermore, in the official registry in the country the car is in - the car is registered as an 1.8L engine. However, the VIN number of the car - suggests that it is 1.6L. Something very fishy seems to be going on :)

Registered
Hey there. Do you mean the green one in Latvia? Found this thread by googling the VIN. I went to see the car today, must say it looks a lot better in pictures. Not sure what about the engine discrepancy, but It's got the check engine light on, and all brake discs need changing. Definitely not worth the asking price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts