MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago there was talk of Nanjing not being able to market MG as a brand in some parts of Europe due to legal reasons.Has anyone heard any further details ?

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Good point.

The Dutch distributor apparently owned the rights to the name in most of Europe.

Has anyone heard what's going on?

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
IIRC they held the distribution rights to the name. But without MG cars thats academic, so they may hold some rights, theyr are fairly useless in isolation.

·
Registered
mg_zt
121 Posts
I've been searching in every newspaper and carmagazine here in Holland and haven't found any news about this matter anymore.
But there are many people in the carindustry who think it would be a great idea to have MG's build in the carfactory in Born.
It's a rather modern plant with an overcapacity now that Smart has stopped making te forfour in our country.
In exchange Nanjing might be given the rights to use the name MG.
How about a new Midget made in Holland?
I somehow like the idea. The Netherlands have the biggest MG club in Europe outside the UK. So it's definitely a popular brand overhere.
But I don't know if you people on the other side of the Northsea can live with that.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
As long as producton in the UK is healthy I don't see why not, but I think Nanjing have a gradual plan to build up UK production first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts