MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MG SAIC will soon release a sportier version of the MG 6 hatchback for the Chinese market.

It doesn't look like this model is going to be called the Trophy as I think that this could be reserved for the top of the range model rather than this one.

I wonder if they will decide to release it here?

The Chinese video has English subtitles.

Enjoy!

Cheers..

·
Registered
cityrover
14 Posts
Intresting

Hope we get it over here 190bhp and 6.6 second 0-60 are quite impressive. It looks like the brand is heading in the right direction

·
Registered
36 Posts
That would tempt me on the future. I like how there's the non leather option keeping to the same colour scheme
It would be great in burnt orange again.So many have commented on what a great colour that is on my mg6tse. I don't like the fake exhaust tips. I'd rather have them functional. It follows the same style as the MG6 concept?

·
Registered
11,846 Posts
This is just what MG UK need.
It doesn't look like we will get it.

Interview with Cheyne saying not looking like a replacement for us. Another missed opportunity in my opinion.

Finally with a possible better engine and much better than the first incarnation and its not coming here. So looks like BTCC will be a no go after next year as well. No point running an old model any longer that's already out of production here.

·
Registered
11,846 Posts
It doesn't look like we will get it.

https://youtu.be/FxoWnnGlEIw

Interview with Cheyne saying not looking like a replacement for us. Another missed opportunity in my opinion.

Finally with a possible better engine and much better than the first incarnation and its not coming here. So looks like BTCC will be a no go after next year as well. No point running an old model any longer that's already out of production here.
5 mins 54 secs in approx.

Mind they also decided to change it to XS without realising that moniker was used by Jaguar and had to then change it to the same ZS moniker that China have used.

So whether that statement about the 6 is 100% correct or he is just guessing and talking a good game who knows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts