Votes: 37 27.0%
  • MK3 Rover 200

Votes: 100 73.0%
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
mg_maestro
701 Posts
What a pointless poll. Over half of the people that use this forum have Mk3 200's so its obvious how the vote is going to go.

I would prefer - 'what is more chav, a mk3 200 MG wannabe with lexus style lights or a subtle metro Gti VVC?' Cast your votes now!

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
MGTurbo said:
What a pointless poll. Over half of the people that use this forum have Mk3 200's so its obvious how the vote is going to go.

I would prefer - 'what is more chav, a mk3 200 MG wannabe with lexus style lights or a subtle metro Gti VVC?' Cast your votes now!
i would be very proud to say a mk3 still! IMO id rather drive a max power cover car, even if it was a treed up nova than a metro. I cannot stand them.

I know i am gonna get flamed for that comment but am ot really bothered, metros are probably one of my most hated cars of all time!

:rolleyes:

G

·
I sense toys being thrown out of the cot.

This will be a pointless follow up to the other thread discussing the relative merits of these two cars.

Each to their own.

Matt - you don't like Metros. Well, that's fine, it's your opinion and that is that.

Mk3 haters - you don't like the Mk3 200. Well, that's fine, it's your opinion and that is that.

GROW UP KIDS!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
lol , I dont see how you can compare them really, perhaps comparing city rover to metro would be lil better, or metro to mini. 200 is bigger & more luxurious, costing more at RRP at aimed at different ppl so yeh, not puttin metro down cuz I wanted one them as my first car but thats what I mean I went from smaller car to the 200.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
You cant say the 200 is more luxurious then a 114GSI or even a 111GSI. If you get the 114GSI you get front electric windows as standard, alarm, remote central locking and alloys or on the earlier models chevron seat, wood door and dash capping's on the option list for the 114GSI was leather door cards and seats with the option of heated seats on the front and rear headrest. Admittedly the rear head rest are as rare as rocking horse muck as they used a modified Maestro rear seat bracket and you cant even get hold of the parts to do the conversion now. How many 214 8V came with alloys, velour trim and electric windows not to mention the central and remote central locking.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
im talkin in general, theres always editions of certain cars that are luxurious, like you said the GSI is, but how common are they ??

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
maybe we should start a new pole - which is better chalk or cheese

which is best depends on what you want to do with it. In the grand scheme of todays car market - neither are "great" cars.

R200 gives you modern looks, comfy ride, reasonble rear leg room

metro gives you better mpg, better acceleration (at a given insurance group/engine size) and more direct handling

niether is better

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
well, like i say i dont wanna put em down as I like them,

someone at work owned a Rover ascot, I called it a metro, he got offended. ( hes bout 50 )

Someone at work saw me driving my car, next day , how did a student afford such a classy car ??
(shes bout 40 )

need I say more,

perhaps its age related, I find a lot of ppl have pre conceptions of rover cars.

·
Registered
mg_maestro
701 Posts
Richard Moss said:
Mk3 haters - you don't like the Mk3 200. Well, that's fine, it's your opinion and that is that.

GROW UP KIDS!

Where are these Mk3 haters then? Because i'm not one of them, i happen to think the Maestro back suspension was a great idea!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Matt, I think metro looks fugly, but still why did you bother doing a poll? it's really pointless. it's obvious the 200 will win by far.

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just wanted to see peoples opinions! It seemed a good idea at something past 7 this morning!

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MGTurbo said:

How can a Rover 200 be a "MG wannabe" when it was made first? Answer me that.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
see what I mean matt? you'll get dragged into very dumb discussions now :)

its' like having to prove to someone that the playstation2 has better graphics than the psone.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
lol isnt the zr a sporty 25??

25 being a 200, so isnt the MG a Rover, & not the other way around ??

(so basically what matt said readin over it again )

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MGTurbo said:
Here's your answer.

Alot of Mk3 200's are turned into ZR lookalikes.
Not everyones though :iwstupid: ;) Apparently the ZR is a highly tuned version of a 25 although im not sure quite what the differances are, someone will tell ya tho ;)

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
now hiding behind the ZR saying the 200/25 is ugly is pretty stupid cause the zr is just a slightly tuned 25 :)

are you blind or what? you have a sexy 200 pictured just above this post, open your eyes, it's great looking car.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts