MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deano and Chris please dont move this as you know i spend most of my time in this section.

I know how worried we get when someone regular goes awol for a while. so just to let you all know that i prob wont be here for a while. I found out earlier this evening that my Dad died last night. I hadnt seen him for a few years for reasons i dont want to go into but just the other week my sister and i were talking about going to see him, now hes gone and we never had the chance. On top of that one of Bruces oldest friends died Monday night he was only 41 yrs old.

If there is anyone you are putting off seeing or contacting or anything you want to do and keep putting it off please dont, you never know what is round the corner.

xx

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, Paula.. and about Bruces friend..
Sending big hugs your way :grouphug:

If there is anyone you are putting off seeing or contacting or anything you want to do and keep putting it off please dont, you never know what is round the corner.
Couldn't agree more :grouphug:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
once again paula hun, my condolences.

always around for you, and you can always call me.

so true what you say about not putting off seeing somebody. you never know what is coming.

:grouphug: paula xx

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
oh dear Paula, what a bugger. Life really can be a biatch, but it goes on and some how so will you.

Your probably gonna get a whole guilt trip going as well Paula, its difficult, but you can't blame yourself, you make decisions in life, and you have to live by them, no matter how difficult it is, life's too short for 'if only' :grouphug:

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Paula, you've been there for me, so I will join the others in offering my sympathy at this difficult time.

Hugs.

Iain

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Paula dear, I was not estranged from my father but the hurt when he died was greater than anything else in my life. It was the suddeness that did it for me and I'm sure it is for you. You will probably beat yourself up for not getting in touch when you could but don't - it was probably a joint decision.

Remember the good times - that's what memories should be.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,181 Posts
I am sorry to hear that Paula, but as the others have said try not to beat yourself up about it as there is nothing that you can do about it but look forward.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I lost my mum last year & still not sure I'm over it.
But you've just made me think that I really don't see enough of my daughter, due to various reasons as you say, but I'm now going to make sure I do.
Condolences to you...

·
Registered
12,799 Posts
Ohh Paula what sad news :(

My sincere condolences to both of you, sending strenght and love.
As said before, if you need a talk whenever, you know where to find me hun

:grouphug:

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Paula,

very sad to hear of your loss, you do know that all your friends that you have met and only had contact through here send you their love and support at this difficult time. My family and I send our love and prayers to you

Lee, Debs, Mike, Chloe and Kiera

xxx

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,138 Posts
Paula,

Thinking of you at this sad time. Try to remember the good times, not the bad. Look forward not backward. Make the most of your life and make your Dad proud.

Alan, Maxine, Holly and Caleb xxx

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
That's very sad news, Paula, and I'm sorry to read it. I've been in a similar position and I'm sure that you will shed tears, but I hope that the hurt does not last too long. Very best wishes to you and to Bruce.

Nigel

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I am very sorry to read this Paula and my condolences to you and your family. I have lost my father a few months ago and i know how difficult it is, you only slightly get used to it after some time passes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts