MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't you just hate when you go to the trouble of changing a radiator or any part for that matter and the brand new replacement fails soon after. :(

Looks like the plastic tanks are going.

This is Nissens radiator P/N: 622831, the replacement also shared the same the same P/N however was the automatic version.

Oh well, just hope the replacement replacement lasts longer than a month. ;)

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Mine is leaking very slowly from the radiator cap. Bought a cap last month and they gave me the black plastic cap which is useless, still leaks. I ordered a metal cap which i am supposed to pick up today if the girlfriend allows me to go back to Bristol before the shop closes.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
Are you 100% sure the cap is on properly ?
Yes, original cap was metal type but got old, i think its spring and rubber sealing deteriorated over time. I could visibly see steam coming out of it. I went to a car parts shop, gave my vehicle reg number and they gave me the plastic type. This plastic one also leaked but not as bad as the old one in fact it couldn't even close tightly on the radiator. This time round i went to the same shop and ordered again and i insisted that the cap should be the metal type. I just fitted a brand new metal cap half an hour ago, test drove the vehicle and the top of the radiator is as dry as a desert, no leakage at all now :).

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't think I've ever seen a plastic cap for one of these rads. Glad you got a metal cap now though.

Usually I have an issue finding a replacement cap that is the right spec (1.1bar) and fits an aftermarket rad (Nissens, Valeo) as the OEM cap doesn't fit, luckily I came across Blueprint ADL P/N: ADZ99901 which is the right spec and fits fine.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think all rads with plastic tanks have issues, but yeah I wouldn't of expected it to expire so quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts