MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the "Golden Week" holiday in China, a group of German dealers were seen on the MG stand in a local motorshow in Nanjing.

The German auto magazine "Autohaus" lead a group of 40 to 50 German car dealers on a tour to China. The editor of the Autohaus, Ralph M. Meunzel, told the reporter that this tour contains representives of 20 different car dealership franchises, each owning two to three dealerships in Germany. The purpose of their tour to China is to investigate the possiblities of introducing Chinese cars into the German market. The group of 40 already went to Beijing, Chengdu and Chongqing, and they had visited numerous Chinese manufacturers and dealerships on the way. This time, they visited Nanjing because of MG. Their translator Mr Yang found MG exhibiting in a car show in Nanjing around May 1st on the web, and the whole tour was immediately attracted to it.

Ralph M. Meunzel then told the reporter that the MG produced by NAC are very original and well made; he also felt positive about MG's prospect in European market. The German dealers were seen exchanging details and took the contact number for department overseeing MG's oversea market.
One of the German deals said to the reporter that they are very willing to take the Chinese cars to sell in the Europe, bringing a new scene to the market.

Source: http://www.yangtse.com/xwpd/njyw/200705/t20070503_291004.htm

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Thats a good find Andy.

Its nice to see dealers in Germany being interested in MG. Maybe this is a start for a real increase in European Sales as opposed to MG Rover.

In order for MG to be successful, they need to be a force to be reckoned with, not just in China or the UK, but completely worldwide.

·
Registered
mgf
185 Posts
Its all about profit

Dealers will be interested in anything they can 'deal' in and make profit. MG cars produced by NAC are likely to be extremely competitively priced, hence there will be a huge opportunity to make substantial profits!

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
Dealers will be interested in anything they can 'deal' in and make profit. MG cars produced by NAC are likely to be extremely competitively priced, hence there will be a huge opportunity to make substantial profits!
It also helps having the MG badge on the front of your showroom with a sexy compact sports cars sat in the corner than will virtually sell itself.

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One thing though, I would have put this in the Chinese News if it is more than just interests the dealers showed.
Anyway, I am not so worried about MG building up the dealership network in Europe after reading this article.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
...but MG would be a great brand to import from China: after all, its a well known brand - unlike most of them in China, the quality is supposed to be very good, and it is a product that should sell well - as long as the price is right.

·
Registered
36,497 Posts
As we all know, if Phase 3 is "massive profits", as far as importing to Germany is concerned Phase 1 is always "collect underpants".

Virtually every overseas manufacturer has been left with the pants on his head in a "knickers on your noodle prance"* kind of way.

* (C) "Rick" & Dom in da Bungalow...

Am I the only one wondering whether the dealers are cousins of ashy?

:getcoat:

·
Registered
36,497 Posts
Am I the only one that didn't understand a word of that :lol: :rofl: :lol:
TBH I'm not too sure about it myself!

Here's the business plan of the Underpant Gnomes:

Wikipedia says:

The Underpants Gnomes are a community of underground gnomes who steal underpants, notably from Tweek.

The Underpants Gnomes have a three-phase business plan, consisting of:

1. Collect Underpants
2. ?
3. Profit!

None of the gnomes actually know what the second phase is, and all of them assume that someone else within the organization does.

and good old wikipedia! they're as bonkers as me!

I've got my head in my pants
(I wouldn't believe it 'less I'd seen it)
I'm in a groovy disco trance
(Are you sure that that's hygienic?)
They were clean on just last week
(Grief they're gonna reek!)
Yeah, yeah baby, look at me
You gotta dance in your pants
Just like they do in France
You gotta take a chance
And do the knickers on your noodle prance
And dance in your pants!
Mind you, then again, :getcoat:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts