MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
358 Posts
delboy said:
Said Phoenix bleeding Rover dry since BMW. Pratt.
couldnt agree more - after that interview I certainly wont be voting LD. Didnt think much of the Labour guy either, smiling like a cheshire cat at the start of the interview was plain offensive

·
Registered
other_rover
8,737 Posts
delboy said:
he even called it Leyland to start with. How bad is that.
Do any of you guy actually listen to what is said.

1.) Malcolm Bruce (Lib Dem) did not call it Leyland. The Labour bloke did.

2.) Malcolm Bruce ALSO said that a deal could have been done. He said the government did not do enough to push the deal through.

That said, I suspect none of them really care. I just hope one of them actually says vote X and we will rescue MGR. The second that happens Labour will need to respond.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it was the other guy.

Malcolm Bruce though said Phoenix four bled the company dry and mis-managed them. I don't believe that.

·
Registered
other_rover
8,737 Posts
delboy said:
I know it was the other guy.

Malcolm Bruce though said Phoenix four bled the company dry and mis-managed them. I don't believe that.
Well I'll wait and see what PwC says on it...

·
Banned
2,065 Posts
I been on this web site for years, and i am sorry but i have to agree with him. They just spent the BMW money, while making a loss. They DIDN'T design a new CAR!
They HAD 5 Years and a **** load of CASH.....Yet they didn't make new metal.

Over the years i have MADE this point, i said that THEY MUST get a partner...they didn't!

Mg HAS a future, Rover does not..........Sorry
Mega

·
Registered
893 Posts
Labour seem happy to repeat what that Warwick University chap came out with namely SAIC are the third company to walk away from the Phoenix 4. Well, to my knowledge, the China Brilliance deal collapsed because their chairman was a crook, whilst it was MGR who walked away from Proton because the Malaysians were insisting that Longbridge be shut down. Of course, I could be wrong...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Come on the MG Z cars are great. The V8's are lush and with a BMW badge would sell by the truckload. SV's are special too. Cityrover well we'll forget that. Everyone gets one thing wrong.

They did try to find a partner time and time again. And they all messed them about.

Fresh metal costs hell of a lot of loot they didn't have.

If the Z cars had generated more, people hadn't taken against them and the market had'nt recently collapsed then things could have been different. Also if the wonderul boys in blue bought more and just about everyone else including Patricia Hewitt and the government they wouldn't be this bloody mess which Blair and Brown are silent about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts