MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some insight.

Im looking at making my own poly bushes for my Mazda 6 Gen2, 09 plate. In the time Ive had it I have changed the lower engine once already and it feels as its starting to have to much play in it again. Now finding some parts for my car is hard enough as it is, no mind things like poly bushes.

Been looking around and seen some people make their own, plenty of guides on youtube. But looking for any reviews from anyone that has done it. I have seen someone on here but cant seem to find the thread.

So looking for advice or any help on this, like what they used?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Looking around the net I have found a few different things on this. Some saying its hard to get the right poly resin, some saying any will do the job.

Even found one thread on a forum where the guy used a poly sealant/adhesive and filled in the gaps on the bush. Apparently once cured hard is very similar. He said the bush ends up with the a good life span and it isnt as harsh as a full poly bush.
I had thought of doing similar but using using proper poly resign, but I wasnt sure if the resign would adhere to the rubber in the bush.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts