MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello has anyone used these on a ZS120? If so are they any good and do you have a part number please. Was going to order some but can't seem to nail down the correct set, so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dont know if you want the 8mm blues or the 8.5mm red KV85 leads which send a slightly better spark because they conduct better because of the bigger bore but the part numbers you need are

40393 for the blues (approx £26 ish)

and

45393 for the reds. (approx £30 ish)

But saying that in all honesty you will be better off spending your money elsewhere, a fancy set of leads will make it feel **** all different. you'd be more wise to put that money towards a good service, or if its been recently serviced, put it towards a different modification like cams, headwork, throttle bodies etc, something that will give you decent power gains

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Waste of money on the ZS120 really.

Unless you have done some serious work on it of course.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I remember back in the day on the old A series. Copper core leads were a must as any break down, anywhere on the ignition system was diasasterous. Downside the radio interference was quite noticeable

BIG upside they never broke down like carbon filled cheapo leads. Performance-wont make a sods bit of difference though logevity may be extended (though personally on modern cars I never noticed it)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help Guys. I was'nt really looking for performance gains, its just the car is 5 1/2 yrs old with 43k on the clock i was just going to replace them on the age factor. Or do the OE last for ever? (52mm TB Peco cat back and closed induction fitted re-map in the summer)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts