MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going for a trip to take advantage of halfords 3 for 2 offer again, I got the bonnet clayed before you ask why it's taken so long the previous owner had the house repainted with the car too close! and a layer of SRP on and it looks a lot better just a shame about the chips in the paint!

The problem is i've used a lot of QD(Anyone else love the smell of that stuff?) spray and was wondering if anyone can recommend anything concentrated that I could use for lube that i'll find at halfords?

Also going to pickup some nice wax, was going to use the turtle stuff i've got then had to ask why use such expensive cleaners/polish on the car just to use cheap wax any recommendations would be a help :p

·
Registered
98 Posts
meg's NXT QD £9.99

meg's gold class wax £14.99ish

thats what i would get from Halfords if i needed to get some wax and QD

Jamie S

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could do with something in concentrated form as it's taking a lot to remove the white spots of paint used about half the bottle of QD that came with the kit I bought on just doing the bonnet, although i'm using sonus clay at the moment

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there much more aggressive than Sonus Grey? It's getting the paint off nicely it's just taking a bit doesn't help the paint has been there over 2 years! come on please tell me whats good to use it'll cost a fortune buying the spray bottles :(

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
megs orange is just slightly more aggresive than the sonus grey - but does leave some micro marring if you dont lube up enough.

my secret formula is 25% synthetic QD, 5% nxt shampoo, 5% super snow foam and 65% de-ionised water. :shh:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn! so thats the stuff people have been using to get that! i'll order myself some ASAP! :D

Can it just be used through the hose on the pressure washer or do you need the special attachment?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damn.... I want but it's £45... maybe another time :(

*EDIT* Has anyone actually tried sticking the detergent hose on a pressure washer in the bottle and see what happens? :p

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the NXT QD earlier, it's definately easier to use the clay with it and had to get the NXT Generation Tech Wax they didn't have the other one, but clayed the roof earlier got all the house paint off, SRP then waxed damn it's shiney now! :hyper:

Still some nasty scratches on the roof and worse on other parts of the car, it'll definitely need a respray at sometime :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts