MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I'd like to to lower my car (Or make it look lower). Problem is, I've heard it's a right ball ache getting springs and shocks for a Rover 200 99 Diesel L series.

It's got 15" rims at the minute, so I was wondering if I oculd just run some 17"s, and that's make it look lower?

Rover 200 have the same chassis as a MGZR, so it's possible to run 17"s on it?

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
Right, 17's no problem

best lowering option is a set of ZR TD shocks and a set of lowering springs for a ZR TD.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Friggerpants said:
OK, I'd like to to lower my car (Or make it look lower). Problem is, I've heard it's a right ball ache getting springs and shocks for a Rover 200 99 Diesel L series.

It's got 15" rims at the minute, so I was wondering if I oculd just run some 17"s, and that's make it look lower?

Rover 200 have the same chassis as a MGZR, so it's possible to run 17"s on it?
Would still need lowered. Increasing the wheel diameter will close the gap between the wheel arch and the top of the wheel, however, it will also increase the gap between the car and the ground. So its not going to look "slammed", and the ride height will be all out of goose.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
errrrrrmmmmmm cheese!

if you have bigger wheels ie17's you have a lower profile tyre, the basic principal is that your overall rolling whatever its called is the same.... so 15's with huge profile tyres will be nearly the same as 17s with low profile tyres.... the only way to make it look lower is to lower!

as said the best option is a set of ZRTD lowering springs... however i wouldnt recomment this without changing the shocks for ZR items as they are far shorted than standard 200 SD items. youl find the ride horrid if you don and youl more than likely bottom out over every bump going.

another option for lowering slightly is to go with a set of ZR TD springs..... by far the cheapest option, it wont slam the car or make it look dcrastically lower, but it will however firm up the ride and drop is a few mm. i think 20mm is the right figure?!

ZRTD Springs for sale...

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=131072

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
ZR TD Springs are the way forward ;) ^^ ive heard £40 will see them on their way to you... a sportier ride and slightly lower.... mmmmmm

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
you werent listening right.....

ZR TD springs are about 20mm lower than what yours is, so not a massive difference. (these can be had for apprx. 40 pm me)

howerver if you want really low youl have to look for something that LOWERS a ZR TD. like the xpower springs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts