MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,164 Posts
Mondyx said:
found a 2.5v6 i reallly like but will want it lower so no huge gaps in arches so my plan is to put somin like this on it

http://www.edworthys.co.uk/product~prodID~14987.asp

will this hurt the car at all is it safe to do so ?? and will it actually lower the car a decent amout

or do u no of other springs i could use

thank you :)
Rover 75 is well known for its ride comfort,lowering its suspension will hurt its ride.!

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
personally i wouldent lower a 75/ZT with that kit on a car like the 75 i would go for the full Leda kit its slightly more expencive but fully ajustable and wont effect the ride quality

·
Registered
336 Posts
I agree with you Mondyx, those little wheels look completely lost in those huge 75 arches. It just doesn't look very well conceived ....but it's a very personal thing, some owners would see nothing wrong. I'm also not sure lowering the 75 is in keeping with its image...it's somehow inappropriate. Better to get a ZT?

However, lowering any car need not effect the ride as lond as springs are well designed. I reccon the springs from Moto Build (ebay) would be a better bet, they have a lot of MGR experience, and they are cheaper - £110.

Leda units would be good, but are extremely expensive (approx £1200).

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Well Richard Woolley said he though the car rode a bit high too........

There have been a few notes on here about lowering, and I think Blue Duck is a good man to ask on the subject as he has done quite a bit of work on his ZT. One side effect of the lowering he did was with his headlamps - if you have projector or Xenon units then they may not level correctly.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I lowered my ZT 190 25mm with moto build springs, they work well and will lower the 75 by 50mm. Some tracking adjustments needed but it does handle better. Bottom line is, if you like it do it, dont worry about other peoples opinion.

·
Registered
rover_75
2,962 Posts
I could have bought a lowered 75 over here when I was car hunting.Took it for a ride and it was ok.Took my normal sprung 75 for a drive and bought it.
The dealer eventually changed the lowered car back to normal spec.
As mentioned,the car was built for ride quality.I do take your point re wheel arch gap.I was thinking more like increasing the wheel side although that will give you less acceleration but higher top end speed . What is the largest wheel size you can fit to a 75 ?

·
Registered
243 Posts
mmmmmmm ..i find this strange as my 75 sits just fine but any large dips in the road or speed bumps and my mudflaps are scrapping the tarmac...is this normal?...it has always done this...with or without passengers..

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just a few minutes ago I received my ZT springs back from CoilSprings Ltd, who have carried out the necessary to reduce length, re-temper and paint. That's 3 days door-to-door.
I'll fit 'em tomorrow, and once the new set-up has had a couple of days to settle in, I'll post some before/after pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts