MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanta get it lowered the avos will drop it by 55 i dunno if this is 2 much for jus springs i have heard it is ok but i think it mite be 2 much 4 the shocks whereas the gmax will take it down around 30 anyone wanna giv me their views?

·
Registered
139 Posts
i have zr160 shocks and 35mm avo springs. in all it would lower a zr 35mm, but all together has lowered my 200 55mm! the drop is perfect, handling is v good, but a little harsh if you don't like feeling every ant that you run over. lol

·
Registered
rover_25
1,021 Posts
You could get the gmax shocks, sell the gmax springs you get with the kit and buy the avo springs. This is what i'm thinking about doing in the summer

·
Registered
328 Posts
Tom-214si said:
i have zr160 shocks and 35mm avo springs. in all it would lower a zr 35mm, but all together has lowered my 200 55mm! the drop is perfect, handling is v good, but a little harsh if you don't like feeling every ant that you run over. lol
You got any piccys mate?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
ricc said:
ring up a breakers yard.... find some zr shocks.... mate them with the avo's and ure laughin.
i really want to do this, have been thinking about it for ages. how much for zr shocks? new dampers wouldnt be required then?

And would Vi shocks be ok with zr avos??

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
ive just bought a set of zr TD shocks for my derv... from an 03 plate car..... 35 per corner.... so compared to buying them new... very cheap.

if you had ZR shocks there would be less of a need to change ure dampers as they are uprated from 200/25 spec cars except the 25 GTI and possibly the 200Vi.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
ricc said:
ive just bought a set of zr TD shocks for my derv... from an 03 plate car..... 35 per corner.... so compared to buying them new... very cheap.

if you had ZR shocks there would be less of a need to change ure dampers as they are uprated from 200/25 spec cars except the 25 GTI and possibly the 200Vi.
thats not too bad, i know where i can get some Vi shocks for pretty cheap though so would they work? i think Si did it?

·
Registered
139 Posts
bert_adamp said:
You got any piccys mate?
i will take a couple tomorrow!
if you don't want to pay over the odds...... just search through all the "for sale" areas on the forums. i picked up zr160 shocks and springs v cheap! then as i said i got the avos. it just depends how much time and patience you have, its worth it cos the shocks cost me less than a full tank of petrol :bgrin2: plus a tank to pick them up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts