MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hehe, yep lowered my motor again.
was lowered on pi's before but i have now lowered her on avo's for the zr shockers :)

before:

and after a hor and a half's work:

couple things to take into account is that the avo's have still to settle a little more and it is parked on a hill :shh:

let me know what you think :)

cheers, simon :beer:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
the differnce is visible only on the rear...

imo, you should spend a few beans on spraying the black ugly plastics ;)

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,052 Posts
Looking better Si, god P.I springs are ****e aint they?! Was looking at pics of mine wen lowered on P.I's compared to now lowered on AVO coilovers, its so much better. That ZR bumper would look better with some bump strips matey :p ;) (they are on there way!) :D

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tad said:
the differnce is visible only on the rear...

imo, you should spend a few beans on spraying the black ugly plastics ;)

in the proscess mate ;)

next mod however is a wash :bigeyes:

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just noticed why you can;t see the drop on the front, the wheel's on the curb :p

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Si said:
next mod however is a wash :bigeyes:
that's the sweetest mod of all! you'll notice how your car looks bran new the few minutes after the very risky operation! ;)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Si - GIVE ME BACK MY SPRINGZZZZ! :)

Sh1t, its only when I see them on a car I realise how mcuh I want them... Anyone good at fixing bad spines??? ;)

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
carnage_uk said:
Have you noticed the differance going back to 15's?

going back to the 15's eah there is a little more squerming if you know what i mean due to the large sidewalls.

the ride comfort aint for the faint hearted tho, it's DAMN harsh, i am infact looking into changing them in a couple months time for some coilovers so they may come up for sale ;)

Are you still on the standard dampers?
yeah mate i am still on the std dampers but what you have to remember is that the vi's have the same setup as the zr's so they already sit 20mm lower than the std 200's.

as for damage, lowering a car any amount will cause damage, it puts extra streighn on bearings, trackrod ends, ball joints and tyres but that is all part of the package, i accept that but seing as i do everything on my car meself it don't bother me that much :cloud9:

·
Registered
7 Posts
how tricky?

i just wondered how tricky it was to fit these springs cos im thinkin of gettin them myself next week ?

also, what size alloys do you have there are they 16's?

im tryin to get an idea how my motor will look after the op !

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jimboh120+ said:
i just wondered how tricky it was to fit these springs cos im thinkin of gettin them myself next week ?

also, what size alloys do you have there are they 16's?

im tryin to get an idea how my motor will look after the op !

hey mate,

the springs them selves are VERY easy to fit but getting them to stay in the shocker cups is a little harder, i had to drill the shocker cups and use tie's to hold them in place.

them wheels are just std vi alloys, there for 15" but i am putting my 17's on at the weekend

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
people should be warned that spring compressors are verydangerous.
so if you're not experienced in this kind of stuff, leave it to a garage, it's quick and shouldnt cost too much.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tad said:
people should be warned that spring compressors are verydangerous.
so if you're not experienced in this kind of stuff, leave it to a garage, it's quick and shouldnt cost too much.

yeah i will second that, if you mess up with the spring compressors then it will end your life, no sh1t

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Si said:
yeah i will second that, if you mess up with the spring compressors then it will end your life, no sh1t
lol yeah, I did the springs on my SOs renault 5... it sh1t me up big time !!

:D

New springs look really good btw..

·
Registered
192 Posts
Very nice. I think the AVO Zr springs on rovers work so well, massive drop and improve the looks so much!

Mine are the best investment on the car so far

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
glennroy said:
Car is comming along nicely mate loving the colour :drool:
Whats comming next?
I reckon it would look nice with some BRM stylee side strips and a larger boot spoiler... maybe a ZR style one?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts