MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MG F 2000MY. After standing for 4 weeks it doesn´t start. I hear no priming sounds from the fuel pump. When I measure the voltage at the fuel pump plug, I get 6.5 volt between pins 1 & 2, and 1 & 3
Automotive lighting Bumper Finger Belt buckle Automotive exterior

-

Any ideas? Any easy way to check the fuel pump relay?

Regards
David

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
13,519 Posts
Voltage which you measured is voltage measured for fuel gauge. This is not voltage for fuel pump coming from relay.

Correct pin numbering you can find on next picture:

Rectangle Gesture Font Material property Parallel

You need to measure voltage between pins 4 and 2 from above picture. That is voltage comming from fuel pump relay where you should get 12 V if relay is working as it should.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
Thanks for the input. Do you know the location og relevant grounding connections?
To either prove or disprove a fault earth, I would simply run a 'jumper' lead to a known good earth from the relevant pin on the multi plug. You can then go from there fairly quickly.

I hope that helps?

Reactions: Whitwell.Mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To either prove or disprove a fault earth, I would simply run a 'jumper' lead to a known good earth from the relevant pin on the multi plug. You can then go from there fairly quickly.

I hope that helps?
Thanks Ian.
I tried jumping both the black wires to the body. Then I measured zero ohms between these wires and the body.
I tried applying 12 volts directly to the white/purple wire. Still no joy.

Do I maybe have a dead pump, AND a dead relay?

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
13,519 Posts
If you applied proper 12V to white/purple wire and pump did not respond then it might be that pump is not working at all.
Regarding relay, you should check fuse number 2 under bonnet which is 30 amps fuse and you should check that your inertia switch is not tripped.
Before ordering new relay, I would measure that you have 12V on relay socket - position 30.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts