MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people

I have not long bought and mgf, and when i am driving along in low revs (1000-2200) my car jolts when acelerating for no aparent reason. This problem does not happen when the engin is cold or when i am in high revs. It's give the feeling like it is missfiring and mainly does this in second and third gear, but occashionally does it in fourth and fift gear. I have done a full service on the car, this includes an oil change, oil filter, fuel filter ,air filter and i have also changed the spark plugs. This has made not difference to this problem, my friend suggested the stepper motor however i have had a mechanic check this out and it is fine. Does any one know what this could be?

thanks

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
bobbygriffo said:
Hello people

I have not long bought and mgf, and when i am driving along in low revs (1000-2200) my car jolts when acelerating for no aparent reason. This problem does not happen when the engin is cold or when i am in high revs. It's give the feeling like it is missfiring and mainly does this in second and third gear, but occashionally does it in fourth and fift gear. I have done a full service on the car, this includes an oil change, oil filter, fuel filter ,air filter and i have also changed the spark plugs. This has made not difference to this problem, my friend suggested the stepper motor however i have had a mechanic check this out and it is fine. Does any one know what this could be?

thanks
Stepper motor or something in the throttle body area. Could be a sticky throttle body. Have you reset the stepper motor, easiest thing to do. Ignition on, press the accelerator pedal down 5 times, switch off ignition and then start the car (might be a bit erratic for a few minutes).

Have you checked the leads and dizzy cap or the coil packs (it's an either or job). Could be a simple problem with them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes mate i have checked the leads and the dizzy cap and rotary arm these are ok, how would i check the coil packs? dont even knwo what they are haha

thanks again

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,496 Posts
bobbygriffo said:
yes mate i have checked the leads and the dizzy cap and rotary arm these are ok, how would i check the coil packs? dont even knwo what they are haha

thanks again
If you've got a dizzy cap and leads, you won't have coil packs, they replaced the dizzy cap on later engines. Looks like something to do with the throttle body. Did you reset the stepper motor ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think it has had a new throttel body. I have reset the stepper motor and this has made no difference. I will check the throttel body n see for defo.thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts