MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A "Floater" in Autocar to day, However seeing how K series is going to China and the new Lotus VVA Tub is being built there as well i can't help but think its Bye Bye to 90% of the Hethel work force.

Mega

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Who says the K series production is going to China.

It's all speculation at best, as is the Lotus production moving.

·
Banned
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Stu
I thought it was a Done deal, in Autocar last week + a number of Websites.......You think not?

Mega

·
Registered
984 Posts
I thought production of the extruded aluminium chassis has always been outsourced since the very beginning of Elise Mk I 10 years ago, since it's not actually Lotus' own technology?

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
This was bloody obvious when Proton took over- i knew they wouldnt be able to resist producing where its cheaper. I'm sure it will backfire as a car like a Lotus is bought by enthusiasts not by buyers going for the cheapest product

·
Registered
984 Posts
StreetBoy said:
This was bloody obvious when Proton took over- i knew they wouldnt be able to resist producing where its cheaper. I'm sure it will backfire as a car like a Lotus is bought by enthusiasts not by buyers going for the cheapest product
Who said they're gonna sell it cheaper just because it costs less to make?
:devil:

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
StreetBoy said:
So that's why Noble isn't doing too well then, the bodies being made in RSA and brought here for the cars to be merely assembled?

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
king arthur said:
So that's why Noble isn't doing too well then, the bodies being made in RSA and brought here for the cars to be merely assembled?
I didnt even know that and besides the whole thing is box of old mondeo bits so assembly is the only thing they do. Lotus is a brand with history.Having said that i doubt quality could go down by making abroad!

I know someone who as an elise so i'll ask him...

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Lotus are going down the dumps fast if you ask me. Its oubvious that their owns honestly have'nt a clue how to make cars themselves let alone run a low volume one.

Plus with no replacement model for the Elise on the way, the future does look grim...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts